Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Need your experienced inputs on the following topics.

1. Subwoofer
I wanted to know if my Yeti has a subwoofer already, if yes then please anyone can guide me to its location ?
If not, can i add one from Audi Q5 (Rear Spare wheel Mounted).

2. DSG AT Transmission
Being an Indian Variant, the Yeti in India , Unfortunately was never launched with an Automatic Transmission and Panoramic Sunroof.
I wish to keep this vehicle for rest of my life. Hence, wanted to be it much convenient to drive.
Is it practical & feasible to upgrade this with a DSG Transmission ?
If yes please guide me to the gearbox part number , and any specific other parts which will be required to add or upgrade.

3. RCD340 Headunit.
Upgrading bolero to any RCD340 for more features i.e. Navigation / Android Auto etc.
Does this impacts any output quality ? Or will i be getting the same output as bolero does !

4. Seats With electronic adjustments.
I have got seats with mechanical adjustments, can i install seats from skoda superb with electronic adjustments ?
But the drawback should be the upholstery color wont match with other seat covers, so any better solution to this ?

Please guide as per your experiences.
Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
5,898 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

As far as I know there is no subwoofer ever been fitted to a yeti, just the mid level and bass speakers. The standard speakers provide pretty good base anyway so difference may be marginal.

Retrofitting a DSG I guess is "possible" as anything is if you have enough money and patience and access to the right mechanical and electronic expertise. I'll let others with much greater mechanical knowledge offer suggestions as to just how possible.

The upgraded headunit to a RCD340 isn't something we have seen on here as far as I can remember, but a bit of a search on the internet tells me its a Chinese unit with only one aerial input whereas VAG provides two so you need to use an adaptor but reportedly reception quality isn't as good. Output quality is unlikely to improve over any existing unit through the same speaker system.

Again as far as I know the seats from other Skoda models have different fixing points so are not compatible but willing for someone to say otherwise.

Reactions: anuj.667

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Snowgood.

Any which ways if i wish to install the sub , for a better output may say. Do you think i should add an amp or i can perform this on the same system ?

The RCD if we dont go with an aftermarket chinese player and take out a OE (used) from a salvage car, do you think it will be a better idea ?

·
Administrator
5,898 Posts
The only one I can recall fitting a sub to a yeti used a Kenwood KSC-SW11 which has inbuilt amplifier I believe.

Change to the head unit depends on what you are looking to achieve I'm not an audiophile so the standard fit unit and speakers are just fine for me.

Reactions: anuj.667

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks Snowgood.

Any which ways if i wish to install the sub , for a better output may say. Do you think i should add an amp or i can perform this on the same system ?
Not sure what spec you have but if it's a good one, I would strongly recommend adjusting the equaliser settings (I have my bass up to max) and double checking whether that meets your requirements first before buying anything. I am glad I did before I wasted money on a subwoofer. It isn't needed IMHO.

I'm an old skool raver, into music with very heavy baselines (UK garage, house, dancehall etc). I'm the daughter of a DJ so a bit fussy about speakers. I thought I'd need to upgrade the system to be able to enjoy my music properly. In actual fact, it's incredibly powerful as it is so I haven't bothered installing the subwoofer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Need your experienced inputs on the following topics.

1. Subwoofer
I wanted to know if my Yeti has a subwoofer already, if yes then please anyone can guide me to its location ?
If not, can i add one from Audi Q5 (Rear Spare wheel Mounted).

2. DSG AT Transmission
Being an Indian Variant, the Yeti in India , Unfortunately was never launched with an Automatic Transmission and Panoramic Sunroof.
I wish to keep this vehicle for rest of my life. Hence, wanted to be it much convenient to drive.
Is it practical & feasible to upgrade this with a DSG Transmission ?
If yes please guide me to the gearbox part number , and any specific other parts which will be required to add or upgrade.

3. RCD340 Headunit.
Upgrading bolero to any RCD340 for more features i.e. Navigation / Android Auto etc.
Does this impacts any output quality ? Or will i be getting the same output as bolero does !

4. Seats With electronic adjustments.
I have got seats with mechanical adjustments, can i install seats from skoda superb with electronic adjustments ?
But the drawback should be the upholstery color wont match with other seat covers, so any better solution to this ?

Please guide as per your experiences.
Thanks in advance.
I, too would like to upgrade my 'Bolero' head unit in my 2013 Yeti 2.0 diesel as I have found the Apple Car Play in my wife's Polo to be a great convenience. My big concern is losing climate control display and functionality if I change out the unit. I'm in Australia and am currently looking at something like this:
Any thoughts and or experiences would be gratefully received.
Best regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I, too would like to upgrade my 'Bolero' head unit in my 2013 Yeti 2.0 diesel as I have found the Apple Car Play in my wife's Polo to be a great convenience. My big concern is losing climate control display and functionality if I change out the unit. I'm in Australia and am currently looking at something like this:
Any thoughts and or experiences would be gratefully received.
Best regards,
Kevin
Hi Kevin,

I tried upgrading the system, from one of donor polo. Its a RCD330 (Smaller display without carplay)
Not calibrated it yet, steering controls works quite fine.(plug and play)
A better quality in music can be felt, much more clear music.
Will try calibration and update if the climatronic can be seen on display.
More of all got bluetooth and other options to play inbuilt. (I used alexa auto earlier this with bolero but sound quality degrades).
I will suggest to get a used RCD340g/340gplus.
As the aliexpress or the ones available in market as new also degrades the output.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts