Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted this in another forum but thought that it might prove useful for new vehicle owners (or about to be new vehicle owners!):

'Just thought I'd relay my experiences of renewing cover for my new
Yeti SE Plus following my 7 day free insurance running out tonight. My
usual insurer Direct Line was quoting around £30 a year more than the
cheapest policies that came up via a few comparison websites. I thought
that I would get a quote from Skoda Insurance. This was £60 more than
Direct Line but they would cover the £45 cancellation fee that Direct
Line were charging and none of the other companies would cover this
charge. So I went with the Skoda Insurance. The reason I went for it? If
the car being insured is brand new (1st registered owner of the
vehicle), Skoda Insurance will replace with a new car if it is written
off within the first year. So effectively, this is Gap insurance that
lasts for 1 year for £60 (above the cost of my usual insurer). All the
other policies would only give the "market value" of the car at the time
of the accident.

I expect you may be able to buy Gap insurance online cheaper than the
dealers offer it at but I couldn't be faffed to look any more and
having something provided that has Skoda with it's name to it is
reassuring.

·
Administrator
13,116 Posts
I also tried Skoda insurance but they were very much more expensive for me £150+ which is double what I pay. Something they offered that I did like was that any repairs would be done bya Skoda dealer using genuine parts, rather than an "approved" repairer as with other companies.

·
Registered
222 Posts
When I requested a quotation from Skoda Insurance during their 7 day cover they quoted me £396.00 for my Adventure. LV were only £236.00 so it was a no brainer in my case.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have just done exactly that, was with Directline, moved to Skoda with new car after 7days courtesy. Although £30 more it is a case of keeping the car "in house" anything goes wrong they can only blame themselves! Winner

Candy White, black roof 1.2 TSI DSG DAB upgrade and Happy˜›

·
Registered
43 Posts
I insured my Yeti SE Plus with Elephant.com. Price was good and I have used them before for another car, although I don't know what they are like when you try and make a claim!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Dan said:
Nice little club discount on GAP insurance here if anyone needs it - should be a lot cheaper than Skoda:http://www.yetiownersclub.co.uk/forum/discount-on-gap-insurance_topic789.html[/QUOTE]
RE: GAP cover.
Thanks Dan, I contacted them for a trial quote & they were very helpful to me. Seems GAP cover on my newly ordered "baby" will be about £200 for 4 years cover. Not that likely to write a motor off but if it does go all pear shaped it would help out big timewith a replacement.

·
Registered
786 Posts
JOOKS said:
Not that likely to write a motor off but if it does go all pear shaped it would help out big timewith a replacement.

It's not you, it's the others out there...!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Quite right Disco!Plus as I have spent rather more than my original(& far more sensible) budget, an early replacement would be a bit difficult! I am just reading the T&Cs for the GAP at present, tedious but necessary for me then decide which variant - Full new Vehicle replacement or difference between insurance pay out and original invoice price. Premium seems very little diferent.

·
Registered
786 Posts
you need to update your signature to now read "waiting for F/L YETI to arrive... the waiting never ends!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Done!

·
Administrator
4,447 Posts
The Hood said:
I also tried Skoda insurance but they were very much more expensive for me £150+ which is double what I pay. Something they offered that I did like was that any repairs would be done bya Skoda dealer using genuine parts, rather than an "approved" repairer as with other companies.
Just had an email from Skoda UK offering Ensurance for free for three years. This would give you "approved" repairers and genuine Skoda parts

https://www.insurewithskoda.co.uk/Products/Ensurance/
"Ensurance is Å KODA's accident and repair cover, which works alongside your main motor insurance policy to help you if your Å KODA is damaged in an accident or stolen.

We understand that being involved in an accident and having to deal with lots of companies can be really stressful and time consuming. That's why we've designed Ensurance to take care of everything for you. A dedicated claims manager will be available for you to contact 24 hours a day, they will look after the entire claim from start to finish ""“ liaising with your motor insurer, any third parties and our Å KODA Insurance approved repairers.

They will also arrange for your vehicle to be recovered and taken to a Å KODA Insurance approved repairer to be repaired by Å KODA trained technicians who will only use Å KODA parts and paints. And where possible, we make sure the repairer provides you with a courtesy car to get you back on the road."Trying to see if there is a catch, but it looks a decent offer for no cost. Not that I am planning to have an accident of course.

·
Registered
368 Posts
SnowGood said:
. A dedicated claims manager will be available for you to contact 24 hours a day, they will look after the entire claim from start to finish ""“ liaising with your motor insurer, any third parties and our Å KODA Insurance approved repairers.
Wow - a dedicated claims manager on call 24hrs a day! - that's going a bit "over the call of duty" I think.

Just imagining the interview process for this job - "of course if you do well and get promoted to Senior Claims Manager you will be allowed a small amount of sleep 2 days a week. Now any questions?"

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had used the Civil Service Insurance for some years and they would always match the lowest quote that I could find elsewhere.

When I got my Fabia three years ago, Skoda Insurance were quoting a ridiculously high amount. The same thing happened when I changed to this Yeti. Is there anyone who actually uses them?

I used ALA Gap insurance with the Fabia and they gave me a special discount to continue with the Yeti for three years.I think that I paid £131!.

·
Administrator
13,116 Posts
Having read through the Ensurance blurb I can't see anything sinister from my point of view. I like the idea of having Skoda parts used and a Skoda trained repairer (they do not say it will be a Skoda Dealer). It may well be that the repair shop used is approved by both your insurance company and Skoda, so it couldbe a way of making a slight profit supplying parts to insurance repairers who would otherwise have used generic materials.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts