Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collected my new Yeti yesterday in the pouring rain!!I then proceeded to wet its head so to speak by driving from Peterborough to March for a celebratory lunch with my other half . Followed by a drive cross country through the beautiful Fenland countryside to Spalding, before returning home to Parson Drove completing my first 70 miles of driving pleasure, unfortunately most of this was done in pouring rain. When I got the car out of the garage this morning I was surprised to find it was somewhat dirtier than when I picked it up from the dealer. I think I must have picked up substantial amounts of the Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire countryside on the bodywork yesterday despite having four mud flaps fitted!!
I think when the rain does eventually stop I may even have to wash it.

·
Administrator
13,063 Posts
The mud flaps reduce the amount of muck thrown up on the car but do not stop it entirely, mine gets a crust of muck around the outside of the wheel arch. Others have sandwiched some thin rubber sheet between the mud flap and bodywork to increase the area protected. Inside the curved edge of the back door also gets rather mucky.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts