Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi have just got my new yeti , have managed to set up most things. As I want them but can not change the head up display from k/per hour to m/ per hour is this possible and if so how do you do it

Thanks

Simon m

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Simon m said:
Hi have just got my new yeti , have managed to set up most things. As I want them but can not change the head up display from k/per hour to m/ per hour is this possible and if so how do you do it

Thanks

Simon m

Hi and welcome, afraid it can't be change as the speedo is only MPH it has to show KPH, has been done by some, but it means altering the system then you lose a few other useful bit of info on the display, the system has to be told is in Australia.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes that is one of the very few criticisms I have of the Yeti particularly when 30 and 50 mph aren't shown on the speedometer. It's not Skoda's fault as all cars in Europe have to show Kph as well as Mph. If we had changed to Kilometres when we had the chance 50 years ago it wouldn't be a problem now!!

·
Administrator
14,839 Posts
It can be done with VCDS which is some special software and a lead that fits the engine management system. You change some of the settings to Australian.I changed mine but because the numbers are so large you loose some lines off the display, I ended up changing it back again. I don't think the dealers can do it.

Edited by: The Hood

·
Registered
515 Posts
At one time the speedometer showed miles around the outside and kilometres in the middle, would be handy to still have this. Possibly have the option then to choose which we would like on the digital readout.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
The Hood said:
It can be done with VCDS which is some special software and a lead that fits the engine management system. You change some of the settings to Australian.I changed mine but because the numbers are so large you loose some lines off the display, I ended up changing it back again. I don't think the dealers can do it.
Soooo....does that mean that because OUR Aussie models MFD's are set to "Australian" by default, that WE are missing some lines on our displays??????
Now I feel like my little Yeti is incomplete.
Should I raise the issue as a warranty matter?

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was hoping that in the UK we would have the option of seeing the digital readout in the window between the dials in mph or klm! Has anyone had problems with the non existence 10/30/50/70 mph on the speedo dial? I have made a chart to use in the car for the klm to mph as where I live there are a lot of speed camera's and 20mph zones.

Poetry6666

-------------------------------------------
ON ORDER: YETI OUTDOOR 2.0LT 140 L&K DSG IN MUSKOVADO

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi poetry6666 I found it odd at the start but have now got used to it, most of the time I use the cruise in the speed restricted zones, surprising how many drive on your rear bumper to try and egg you on to go faster. Good idea of the chart though, great job.

·
Registered
471 Posts
The Hood said:

I'm in total shock- No, not about the KPH reading but the fact that I had forgotten that it does occasionally get up to 21C in the UK!

Edited by: JOOKS

·
Registered
515 Posts
Dam'n Jooks, you must have a memory like my other half?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts