Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a noobie as they say. I ordered my Yeti, a White Greenline Elegance in August. I was told it would be ready by the end of November , then December, now January. Currently I have a Qashqai 1.5 tdi. I love the Qashqai, but am always aware that it has a Renault engine and all my experience with Renault engines suggests that they start giving major trouble after 7 years or so. So the Yeti looks like a better bet for keeping long term. I loved the style and shape like a mini 4x4 and am disappointed that the car I originally ordered has been superseded by a less attractive (to me) model but still giving it a go. The petrol consumption really impressed me, the solid feel. Things I'll miss on the Qashqai are the 6th gear ;the softer suspension/seats and the built in sat Nav. So the Yeti is going to have to be well good to impress me. Gets great write ups though so I am optimistic, if a little deflated by the loooong delays.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome Shambolic (I hope that's not a medical condition by the way)January sounds a bit more realistic + it usually takes(I gather) about 4 weeks from factory to dealer & PDI.
Long delivery times are a feature of factory fresh Yetis unless you are lucky enough to pick up one at a dealer.
You say Yeti is like a "mini 4x4" and quite a number are indeed very effective 4x4s as you will find out in this forum & there is a 6th gear on the bigger diesels.
From listening to other Yeti-ites I believe that you will be very happy with your new Snow monster & Candy white too - top banana!

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
Hi Shambolic welcome to the forum. The long wait seems to be the only undesirable feature of the Yeti. As regards the build to ownership time you may have a pleasant surprise, mine took just a week, it was built in weekone, and at the dealers ready for collection by the 13th.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts