Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,Picked up my 1.2 TSI DSG SE on Saturday. (Used - 2years old 24500 miles)1st Skoda for me. This forum has already helped me answer a few questions so thanks very much!

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
Welcome. Enjoy your Yeti in the miles to come.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome Highway Tsar. You have chosen a great car. As you will see, I have the 1.2 tsi dsg Elegance, and I believe this gearbox to be the smoothest I have ever driven. I would wish you luck with you new purchase, but I am sure you will never need it (but I will do anyway).Any questions, just ask a great bunch of owners and I'm sure someone here will answer you (or know a man who can)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi everyone

I just joined today. A few days ago I had a test drive in a Yeti 2.0LT Diesel 2WD SE Plus. I really liked the high driving position and the ride quality. I am disabled and need a high car to get into. I currently have a Renault Scenic auto which I am due to change as its coming up to 3 years old.

A QUESTION:
The model I drove had very short sun visors and I found it difficult to see in the sun, has anyone else had problems with theirs and if so can anything be done to make them better?

I am pretty much sold on getting a Yeti but hope this wont be a problem.

Thanks,
Poetry6666

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome to the forum
I have a SE model and must agree the sun visors have been a issue for me too,my old car also had longer visors,
The other thing to watch are the seats, I wasn't aware until i complained of the seats giving me back ache, I can't get comfy and the seats are killing me,
Never thought at 30 years old I would be sitting with a cushion behind my back driving, I have heard similar issues of the SE model from other yeti drivers but I am sure the plus and elegance were ok, just don't think the SE had manual lumber support?

Would also be keen to hear if any other yeti owners can shed light on the sun visor issue?

I can say though that the yeti is a nice car apart from these little niggles

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Kittycat

Thanks for your reply. Funny enough my next question that i was going to ask was about the seats. When I was on test drive I found them uncomfortable and could not get a good position. The model I drove was a SE Plus and the seats were very hard. But when I sat in the Elegance's leather seats they appeared to be a lot softer and more comfortable. The dealer told me that the L&K seats are even more comfortable again. I will arrange another test drive before I order mine.

I have read through the forum but not come across the sun visor problem. Maybe its just us lol. I looked around on the internet but they only seem to have the flimsy ones that were around in the 70's would you believe...

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
A big welcome
to both Highway Tsar and Poetry6666.

·
Administrator
14,897 Posts
poetry6666 said:
Hi Kittycat

Funny enough my next question that i was going to ask was about the seats. When I was on test drive I found them uncomfortable and could not get a good position.

A few years ago I fell off a ladder and permanently damaged my lower spine, amongst other things I lost it's curvature. When I went looking for a car I was looking for a comfortable drivers seat, some cars were uncomfortable after as little as twenty seconds. When I tried a Yeti Elegance the seat was just right and I went for a model with the same spec to make sure I got the same seats. I can drive for hours without any problems. If you have a back issue find the correct seat first. I do not know if they are still available but remember seeing an alternative sun visor as an extra when I bought mine.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The Hood said:
poetry6666 said:
Hi Kittycat

Funny enough my next question that i was going to ask was about the seats. When I was on test drive I found them uncomfortable and could not get a good position.

A few years ago I fell off a ladder and permanently damaged my lower spine, amongst other things I lost it's curvature. When I went looking for a car I was looking for a comfortable drivers seat, some cars were uncomfortable after as little as twenty seconds. When I tried a Yeti Elegance the seat was just right and I went for a model with the same spec to make sure I got the same seats. I can drive for hours without any problems. If you have a back issue find the correct seat first. I do not know if they are still available but remember seeing an alternative sun visor as an extra when I bought mine.
I too injured my back many years ago and find seats can be veru uncomfortable very quickly. One of the main reasons I got a Yeti was that it is far easier than my previous Golf to enter and exit. The seats in my Elegance are also for better than the Golf (although they were good) Do go for either the Elegance or the L&K as all round, I feel they are great cars.

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
I would agree that the sun visor could be a bit deeper, especially with winter driving when the sun is low, but I suspect it is a problem that affects many vehicles. My old VW Touran was no better from what I remember and I now carry wrap around sun-glasses for when I need them.

There are sun visor extensions you can clip on which provide a shaded/tint screen to provide more driver protection http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Mirror-Window-Glare-Block-Tinted-Anti-Dazzle-Sun-Shade-Visor-Extension-Kit-/310744254506

1 - 15 of 15 Posts