Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm from Belgium (the Eastern Flanders region) (GHENT, etc., you know), 59 y., male, lawyer, owner of a SKODA Yeti 1.6 CRTDi GreenLine, m. 2011, storm blue.

I bought te Yeti last tuesday from a dealer in MONS (Hainaut region), but filling up with diesel on the way back, fell down on the concrete at the gas station and broke a knee. So there she is, on the entry, nice to look at...

·
Administrator
14,216 Posts
Hi And welcome to the forum.
That's really bad luck!! I hope your knee mends quickly as only being able to look at your new Yeti will be torture. It looks really nice in that colour. Did it come with a set of winter tyres or will you have to buy them seperately?
I have a brother in law in Aachen, he was the final reason I bought my Yeti, we went to stay with him during christmas 2010 and it snowed all five days we were there, one night we had 37 cm of snow.

With weather like that and the condition of the roads in Germany and Belgium you made the right choice. The mountains in summer will be really good in your new car, make sure you post some pictures.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the compassion

I too think the Yeti is a good choice, even if it is not 4by4 but only front wheel traction.

Your Aachen story sounds very familiar. Once you are - say - 50 kilometers away from the coast, Belgium can have these real 'continental' winters, wich means that you can wake up and find the doors blocked by decimeters of snow. All low-by-the-ground cars get in problems then; I had 2 VOLVO's and it was big sh*t to get (and keep) them on the road in real wintertime.

SKODA has now this kinda 'socks' (clear pink coloured) that can be pulled over the wheels en act like snow-chains, whith the asset that you don't have to remove 'em when you come on a snow-free part of the road. Think i'll try a couple of these out next winter.

Hear you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts