Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined the club yesterday and have already responded to messages and received replies which are helpful, so very glad I found you. Have had my Yeti since June 2010, and it is fantastic. I bought a 2.0 TDi CR 140 4x4 in Cappuccino with the 'Annapurna' alloys which look great. Other options (though there wasn't need to add much as it came with most things!) are a Dog Guard and Rear Bumper Protector. Later bought the space saver wheel kit which lifts the height inside the boot area, but should have saved some ££s and specced it when ordering the car.
Very happy with my Yeti, and the only niggles I have are a rattle at the back which seems to be one of the passenger doors (turns out a bit of tape can cure this; see the 'technical' on the forum) and had to have the rear discs replaced at 2 years old and 29K miles. Otherwise great and I look forward to discussing more things with other owners on the forum.

Cheers from Stewbidoo

·
Registered
2 Posts
-Hi only just got to see you post....I was aware of the '6 months' condition in the warranty, however, my dealer did not play this card (to me)and my reardiscs were replaced FOC at 19K miles(02/12), just under 2yrs from brand new... but soon after I found that, at the time,Skoda UK had not played ball so dealer was going to beout of pocket.... was not told by how much.
-now at 29k and just out of 3 year period and thankfully replaced discs show no sign of trouble at all, so were originals the problem? Also firstMOT at dealer who gave all clear, AOK etc.

-incidentaly how have you, or anyone else,done with tyre wear? I replaced 4x as fitted Dunlops (virtually identical wear all round, a shade above the cross bar) at 26k and was told I should be fairly proud of myself.....?

-very happy with car butI don't thinkas fitted tyresdo/did many favours to complement 4x4 potentialduring recent inclement weather.

-no rattles so far and will be interested in 'facelift' whenever that might be?

- hope this of interest and not too disheartening re your discs.

Simon M

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thanks for the info. You were lucky to get your discs replaced f.o.c. Looks like it was an error by your dealer, but Skoda UK should perhaps notice that it is not an isolated incident and maybe compensate people if they have to be replaced prematurely? I hope my new discs stand up a lot longer than the originals; good luck with yours.With regard to tyre wear, I replaced my fronts at 23.3K with same Dunlop Sports, and the rears at 29.4K, again with same Dunlops, but had them reversed, i.e. swapped fronts to rears so that newest tyres were on the front. I guess this is sort of on a par with what you achieved which is quite good, and I will probably need to replace all 4 together next time, hopefully not before 45K (currently at just over 40K) and probably not with the same Dunlops either. There is still a reasonable amount of life left in them, so I am quite hopeful of reaching my target! Will look at cheaper alternatives next time as £140-150 for the Dunlops seems expensive to me. I have seen some Falkens online that get a good write up, so might try them at around £100-110 each.
The 'rattling' problem with the rear door seems to have been solved by wrapping some insulation tape round the latch. A good tip from the forum if it should happen to anyone else.

Cheers, Stewbidoo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts