Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm Col, retired and living in the West Country. Presently without my own car but when need be using my wife's Touran 1.4TSI SE DSG. Soon I will be looking to purchase a Yeti car. Toward that end, courtesy the Club, I hope to learn about various versions and members experiences before making a choice. Cheers for now.

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum, are you going for a new Yeti or used? There seem to be a few used models around now, but if you go for new what ever you do don't let a dealer charge you list price.

Have you started making any decisions yet? i.e. diesel or petrol colour etc. I am sure you will enjoy whichever model you get living in such a nice area

·
Administrator
5,137 Posts
Hi Col and welcome.
I had a 2.0TDI VW Touran before the Yeti and there are many similarities in the versatility of the seating and load carrying. I had removed the rear two seats on the Touran as it was very rare I was using them, and carried a spare instead. The boot of the Yeti is smaller, it's smaller overall, but I am sure you'll appreciate the drive and handling.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Welcome Col, You sure live in a very pleasant part of the U.K. I'm sure you will pick up lots of tips about your soon to be Yeti. Best of British!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
G'Day Col,
Greetings from the Wide Brown Land Down Under. I am a Newbie too, this forum seems very friendly and also helpful with all questions Yeti, we were in the market for a new SUV and shortlisted the Jeep Patriot, the Nissan XTrail (not sure if you have those in UK) and the Toyota Rav4. Drove them all and then tried the Yeti, the Skoda does everything better, is "just a little bit different" and the dealer moved far enough in our favour to make the final choice obvious. We have had the Yeti for three weeks now and love it to bits so far. Welcome to the YOC Forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello All,
Thank you for the warm welcome.
Being retired doing relatively few miles and fairly short distances I'm thinking possibly the SE 1.2 TSI 105PS DSG would be suitable. Should I believe todays Broadspeed best new price of £16867, then I'd not go for part used. From what I know of them, I don't believe my local Platinum Skoda garage would give me such a favourable deal.
Fortunately, I'm in no rush to decide.
Thanks again. Best Regards, Col

·
Registered
63 Posts
Col,
Go onto Skodastore and get them to quote for the specification you want. I did so. The quote for a 1.2 TSI SE plus manual with metallic paint, spare wheel and heated windscreen was £2.3K less than the official OTR price. And I found a dealer willing to match it. I'm sure you will too.

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
Mine came from Skodastore.com which is Rainworth Skoda in Mansfield, and so did Wee Yeti's. There is also Happynewcar, Orangewheels and drivethedeal.

It costs nothing to get a quote on line and there is no obligation, you may be able to do as Genstabler and get a local dealer to match the offer.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Good luck with your choosing Col, and welcome from me too.
Cheers, Rob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, everyone!I'm a new one here! my friend have had his skoda for few months which is so cool,and I want to buy one! I need your help!

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Hi Col and Weiqing
Welcome! Lots of help on this friendly forum. Just ask away. Had my Yeti for a month and couldn't be happier

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for your advice dear members, Skodastore.com, then seems to be the place to go rather than Broadspeed. Studying the Yeti RRP list, I notice the difference between SE and SE+ is £700, which is just about the price I paid for my 2nd new car (Triumph Herald), bought 1960 in Lytham. Happy days! Before you ask, my 1st new car was a Ford Prefect bought 1959 in Andover. Regards, Col

1 - 13 of 13 Posts