Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just got my Yeti today,Can anyone let me know how I reset my control on key fop to change the central locking? At the moment it will only open the driver door. Can it be re- set to open all doors? Many thanks for help.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Pressing the unlock button on the key fob once will unlock just the drivers door. Press it again, I think,within 2 seconds will open all doors and the boot.

Once you have driven off and the speed reaches approx 15km/h the doors lock. Once locked they can be unlocked when stationary by just opening the door but the doors and the boot cannot be opened from the outside. However pressing the unlock button on the centre consol will allow all doors and the boot to be opened from the outside.

You may be able to change the settings from the settings menu on the MFD. I'd check on mine but it's too late to wander outside and open up the garage.

I've had mine for nearly 6 months and am still learning about how it all works. It's probably the most complex car I've ever had but so far has proved reliableand has even impressed my brother, well the Xenon lights did.

Keith

·
Registered
863 Posts
There are several options in the MDI menu;for locking andunlocking.Drivers door only
Drivers door and driver siderear pasenger door
Or all doors.
If you want both keys to do the same options You will need to set them both individually as it is the key that has the memory not the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot rickT, what is the MDI? Is it the display in the car? And do I access the change options in settings? Sorry about ten number of Questions.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yes it is the display in the middle (MDI maxi dot display information or MFI multi fuction indicator)Settings> Convenience>
It is all in the owners book but not always veryclear so best to just have a play and see what does what, Depending on model there are loads of options like open/closing windows andfolding mirrors using the key fob.
You can always change back or select factory settings and start again.
Have fun.

I would say just don't sellect/reset the service status. If you find it use the 'back' option or wait a minute and it will go back to the main menu,
In any part of the system I think it will always go back to the start if you just leave it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Just about to order a yeti.having looked at the mini clubman
And the BMW x1! Can't believe I have fallen in love with a yeti!.just have to decide on colour. Going for the 1.2 elegance DSG with gobi sand leather. I want something that looks a bit different and was wondering about the bronze metallic? Can anyone advise as haven't seen one in the flesh!!
Would be interested in anyone's viewsA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, the local dealers don't have any in that colour so not sure what it would look like in a Yeti. Did initially think Russo red would look good but having seen it in a superb and Octavian, think it might look too dull in the Yeti. Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks RickT now I can unlock all the doorswith one click, when people like me get old - they don't like change ! I like to keep things simple - one click to lock all doors and one click to open all doors - brilliant ! A lot of little things can make a big difference . Swmbo on the other hand wants herFabialocking/unlocking left as it is, I must remember (today)thatI cannot change other people.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts