Yeti Owners Club banner

NEW OWNER YETI 1.2 ELEGANCE TSI DSG 2015

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Ruari 
#1 ·
Hi all, new to the yeti owned vw golf 1.6 tdi se dsg, audi a4,and a a6, merc etc etc.
I'm 62 this month wanted something easy to climb into, oap he he, im a tech guy hobby playing games multiplayer etc.
retired, info on my new yeti bought this week 4230miles from new.
Ex mobility car one owner fully service record, colour white i love!!!! just replaced rear brake disc and pads renewed brake fluid, dropped oil +filter
New pollen filter, air filter no recalls all good.
Drives like a tdi 1.6 golf very impressed (y)(y)(y)attached photo guys
stay safe
peter

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to Yetiland Walshypw.

Interesting you felt the rear brake discs needed swapping out. With so few miles, I’m guessing they were pretty badly corroded, but perhaps not all that heavily worn? At least with the smaller diameter discs on the rear of a 1.2 TSi, it’s a straightforward job. No need for the carrier bracket to be removed.

(I put new Brembo discs all round on our Yeti just before lockdown. So now on its third set of discs in 223,000 miles. So expecting those to be good to nearer the 300 milestone.)

Also interesting what you say about the handling compared to a Golf. Given most of the mechanical bits are the same, perhaps not totally out of order, but does indeed surprise many how such a tall riding car can handle OK, when the suspension set up is so Goldilocks ( just right).

You can look forward to discovering just how amazingly versatile the Yeti is, next time you have some large or awkwardly shaped loads to transport. I’ve even had a full height grandfather clock in the back of ours (with two of the rear seats out and the front passenger seat folded flat forward.

Looking forward to some contributions on how you tackled other DIY jobs on the Yeti - but then again, I expect those will be confined to just routine servicing for a long time yet. (y)

#7 ·
Welcome to the world of the yeti :)

Why not add you car details to your signature line then any questions are easier to answer for other members.

#14 ·
I do! Thanks. Correcting now.
Got my names well and truly cross wired today! :(
Better go and flush the brake fluid in the KA, ahead of its MOT on Tuesday. That would be more useful perhaps?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.