Yeti Owners Club banner

New to the Yeti, not to Skoda

Tags
new owner
1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  The Hood 
#1 ·
I'm picking my 2017, 66 Plate, Silver 2.0 TDI SE on Friday! It's done 36,000 miles and looks spotless inside (from the pictures I've seen at least).
I'm hoping for a nice quiet ride compared to my current 2007 Skoda Roomster Scout 2.0 TDI that has 123,000 miles on the clock. It will be nice to have some extra toys like AndriodAuto, cruise control and parking sensors (although I'll have to remember the towbar!)

Anyone got any thoughts on the optional insurances Skoda offer: Minor Damage, Wheel and GAP. They all seem pricey, but are they actually worth getting from anywhere?
Also been offered Life Shine but as someone who gets 1 cheap handjob (steady now!) per year £400 seems rather steep and I won't be going for it. Any recommendations for budget alternatives for a newbie welcome!
I have taken up the £79 for 2 services but the second will also be the Cam Belt/Water pump so still not a cheap one!

If anyone has any thing they think I should be aware of let me know.

Cheers

#2 ·
Hi Fugs and welcome. Don't buy any extras from the dealer as they make a lot of profit on them. I have GAP insurance from ALA via Honest John's websitesite (10% discount from memory) as our vehicle is on a PCP. I had scratch and dent insurance for our previous Yeti as its predecessor was damaged twice in a car park, costing £450 for body shop repairs. It was expensive cover, so I'll use our Skoda dealer who sub-contracts to a company (similar to Mr Dent) and they do a spot repair with a long guarantee, which is cheaper than the bodyshop which did an expensive area respray. I didn't have Lifeshine on the current car, although it was done on the two Yetis. Again, it's expensive and as long as you use quality products (I use Autoglym) it's easy enough to do yourself. As our seats are Alcantara material, I bought a can of Scotchguard and treated the seats myself.

#4 ·
Thanks Jimmy, I thought as much with the insurances but never had to consider these things before, the Roomster was a high mileage cash purchase with a couple of dodgy lads.

Llanigraham, phone works with AA, I use it in my company Kias and love it in there, I didn't even realise I had it until I studied the pictures carefully after I committed to it! The main reason for getting the Yeti (and the Roomster) is for bike transport, the VarioFlex seats make it so easy!

#3 ·
Everything that "Old Grumpy" said above plus check that your phone will adequately work with Android Auto. As I've found with my Kia (where I get AA free) because my phone isn't the most up to date it is very slow.

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Assume AA is already activated on your new yeti as it isn't a standard accessory. From memory cost c£150+ to activate with code from dealer.

#6 ·
Aaah, I didn't know that, the pictures show SmartLink and I could see the logos in the background but not sure if they are activated or not. I could see someone had previously connected their iPhone, but maybe just for Bluetooth things, I guess I'll find out on Friday!

#7 ·
Hi Fugs and welcome to the Forum.

If your Roomster Scout had O/E wheels & tyres (205/45 R16) then I can tell you from my own experience that the ride in your Yeti will be hugely less noisy/harsh. You won't believe the difference. Enjoy!

#9 ·
Good news everyone! AndroidAuto works which is a nice surprise/ a decent saving, I was fully expecting to have to pay out for it and will keep the amount of wires I need to a minimum!
The ride is so much comfier than the Roomster, those bigger 17in wheels really help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.