Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the highest quality photo......cracking motor!!
Into second week of ownership.....still grinning. Bring on the white stuff.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why thank you for that......I really am still grinning. Never had a motor like it before.
Smooth, fast,economical, limpet like on the road,roomy, packed with goodies....I could go on.
Cheers!

·
Administrator
13,102 Posts
Rephil said:
Bring on the white stuff.

careful though when the white stuff does come, 4x4 is not a magic bullet a 4x2 on winter tyres is better than a 4x4 on summers.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Need to get some of those glossy black door frame covers - already on the list for when our candy white with black roof arrives!
Otherwise, very nice!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Very nice, post another photo when you can, I like the colour scheme.
We have the diesel 140 (103 kw) as well. We are very happy with its performance, more so with the torque as it has more usable torque than our old 3.6 litre V6, and better fuel consumption.
All the best, Rob.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks chaps.

I'm just impressed with it's smoothness. I've had LWB shogun, Pajero and a LWB Frontera before. They were a bit old and tired to be frank and I've only just realised were a bit on the tractor side. Yeti is just so quiet. Performance, well, just chuffed would sum it up. I've never been a boy racer but it's just nice to sit at the lights and know you could,if you wanted, watch people disappear in the rear view mirror. I've been driving really carefully actually trying to get the old average mpg as high as poss. Gadgets and gizmos, well, keeps me occupied for hours.
Winter tyres,I've got to ask, why? I've never bothered before with all the other 4x4's I've had and managed to keep going with ease through snow and ice. Daughters got a horse so my journeys involve a lot of rural expeditions on a regular basis. Am I to expect problems with Mr Yeti? Perhaps others could enlighten me?
Dunlops on at the moment.
I'll post more pics soon as.
Thanks for the support.

·
Registered
394 Posts
We've also come from a conventional 4x4 and are just as delighted with our Yeti.

Most 4x4 tyres are pretty much winter / 4 seasons as standard. If you look at the Dunlops (we have them too) they are basically rings around the diameter of the tyre whereas winters are made of lots of blocks with things called "sipes" thin slots in the tread blocks. These help the rain snow and slush get away where possible thus providing grip. I believe the rubber is of a different compound - summers are designed to work when its warmer, winters when colder and four seasons are somewhere in between. Bit of a summary, as I understand it, lots of reading on the web if you feel the need....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for that reply to my query, much appreciated.
Think the summers are a softer compound and possibly not so good below 7 degrees (handbook).
Dunlops are a ribbed tread, as you say, as opposed to a block type. Have you noticed with your's how the tread pattern is not uniform across the whole width of the tyre face. Alters on the inner section, presumably an innovative design for shifting the old H2o, wonder how that deals with snow, slush and ice? Well I'll have to let you know because I'm going to give it a go. (Michelin Lattitudes on previous 4x4's)..
Can I ask you(as you seem like a sensible chap).....does the Handbook confuse you in general because of the way it's laid out,but more particularly concerning the Traction Control button.
Mine hasn't got the "Off Road" button.... Just the little skiddy car button to use to turn off the system should you choose. ( why would you?). So presumably that means Mr Yeti is constantly monitoring the state of play of each wheel and acts accordingly should one lose traction/ need braking etc. taking away the need to choose 4x4 as I've done in the past with other "tractors" I've had, either manually or electronically. My TCS button will not be switched off.
If I survive the winter on Summers I will be even more impressed than I am now. ( If that's possible) and I thank for your input. The lanes and tracks of rural Worcs will be my testing ground. Interestingly I have not had a wave or a flash returned by other Yetis round here....
Take care.

·
Registered
394 Posts
My pleasure Paul, and thanks for the kind comment - I don't think I've ever been called sensible before!Handbook - I've downloaded and printed the full handbook from the Skoda website, it can be confusing as it's meant to be all things to all models. When necessary, I've done a search on the forum and usually come up with the relevant answer, also by keeping an eye on what folks are posting I've had one or two eureka moments - "ah, that's what it does"

Traction control button - ours stays on, not sure why it would be switchable, perhaps its for the clowns on Top Gear and the like to hoon around without it on?

I'm sure you'll be ok on the summer tyres, I'm off up to Market Drayton to pick a set of A6 wheels up tomorrow (£50 of fleabay for 4 - need a bit of tidying up though) to put winter/four season tyres on. I don't know if I'll get them on this winter though, the wheels are cheap enough but £400 odd for the tyres may be a bit prohibitive this side of Xmas unless FX brings them

Funnily enough Worcs has very few "green lanes" compared to other counties so you need to travel further afield but also need to take into account the Yeti's limited wheel articulation, of course, I believe Lanigraham has done a bit in mid Wales. We went for 4x4 because we try go to out of the way places quite a bit and up until now not really needed the capabilities of ourold Disco.

Not many Yeti's around here to wave to, but there are a few - they don't wave back though either!

Enjoy your new car and the forum! Cheers, H.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rephill the Adventure looks great, just picked ours up today, starting to see the world in black and white.

Hope you are as excited as we are?
David and Joy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks to you both.
Just picked it up eh? You will not be disappointed ....trust me
Whatever you do please wave!!
Take care and let's see some photos(you have to get out to take them, or get someone else to do it. It's not easy).
Regards Rephil.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts