Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like the official FL photos are out, the urban yeti and the off road yeti, I do like the look of the off road yeti but it now has the reversing camera instead of the sensors, which I think is a crap system, to much to go wrong much prefer the current system.

Also get the keyless entry system, that's OK but every time you go back to see if its locked it unlocks itself

All info here http://www.auto.cz/modernizovana-skoda-yeti-ma-dve-tvare-76067

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
It could have been worse, the front end has lost all of its character. Skoda seem to be going "beige".
A Skoda Rapid passed me on the M4 yesterday (I was on CC at the legal limit). The only reason I noticed it, was because I thought the owner had damaged the back end, it was two diagonal creases either side of the rear number plate presumably to stiffen the panel. It was bland, boring and "beige". At first I thought it was a Vauxhall because of the new badge.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I don't mind the new design, but prefer the look of the off-road model. The urban design is starting to look a bit "soft" with all that paint, but will probably appeal more to younger drivers. No new engines is a bit of a surprise. Here is a translation from the Google Translate page:

At the end of the Skoda Yeti targets customers with improved appearance. One of the many novelties will terrain and urban design.

Skoda Yeti is expected to come on a separate circular lights on the bow. Appearance Mladá Boleslav SUV, thanks to a facelift approaches other models - Rapid, new Octavia and Superb faceliftovanému. Right to the latter is rebuilding front ends very close.

The new design gives priority to horizontal lines that emphasize among other longitudinally oriented fog lights or LED strip daytime running lights in the main. The front grille and sculpted bonnet, carrying the new logo also respect the current design direction Damage.
The rear carries the triangular dents on the tailgate, tail lights will shine in the new world zahranaceným **** of LEDs.
Urban design has a fully painted body, while the "outdoor" retains unpainted parts Yeti deliver a more rugged appearance. Design changes illustrate four new body colors, new design steering wheel or four new wheel designs.
Yeti is the first Skoda gets rear parking camera. Further enrich the offer automatic parking and Kessy keyless entry - the extras already known from other Skoda models. The engine remains the same, ranging from 1.2 TSI and 1.6 TDI with 77 kW to 2.0 TDI with 125 kW. This summit engines is now available in a combination of all-wheel drive and DSG gearbox. A new feature is the deployment of DSG gearbox for the 1.6 TDI with front-wheel drive.

Variants with all-wheel drive will get a new clutch Haldex inter-fifth generation, which debuted this spring at Volkswagen Golf.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
I do love the new chrome on black badge - not so folksy, but crisper and tailored looking. And it makes the weird winged arrow with a hole in the middle look less weird!

·
Registered
77 Posts
According to the What Car site the reversing camera is an option so hopefully the beeping sensors will still be there. I am a big fan of sensors and no fan at all of the camera system.

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
It sounds better with an accurate English text, but to me the front reminds me of another bag of bits the Ssanyong, the fresh interior looks the same apart from a different steering wheel, and appropriately the colour of one of the models appears to be a grey "beige".

I hope that when the MK11 comes out they will address things like a slightly larger boot, and those vulnerable rear doors around the wheel arch and restore a unique product in looks as well as ability.
Otherwise when replacement time comes around, I think for me as those Dragons say "I'm out". Others will think differently but this is one cash purchaser that will probably be walking away.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think that you are spitting your dummy out far too early.This is a mid life facelift for the current model.
VW have managed to make Skoda a more desirable brand, the Yeti has gained many awards but there are still people out there who think that the Skoda brand is a joke, even when they overcome that badge snobbery there are still people not willing to purchase the Yeti because of its quirky styling. Skoda have redressed the offending part (the front end) with a moreconventionallook, this may convert the unconverted and maybe many more will buy a Yeti.

·
Registered
90 Posts
they are losing out if they still laugh at skoda I have had lots of cars and 4x4s and all of them seemed to love spending my bank tokens in the garage. the yeti has 90% of what I want. people still look longingly at it when its parked up.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've just got to agree with Hoody.I went for a Yeti because of it's quirky look's just as much of it's reputation.I love im I do.But,and I have thought about this,would I have gone for him had he not caught my eye with his quirky stance.No,I would have continued my search for a deal on the Kuga which was my first choice.I had'nt even thought about a Yeti.Had he not seduced me with that in you're face front end I would be driving another make.Dont like the face-lift,nice as it is.It just does'nt stand out as such an individual design.I do remember Skoda from the old day's and that did worry me for a day or so, but that soon changed with all the positive comments from younger folk who dont remember.And that is the future market so aiming the change at them makes no difference.In my humble opinion that is.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the new yeti front is not to bad, OK it has lost the round fogs which did give it a different look to the rest, but the fogs on the pre facelift model in my view where a bit high to work well in foggy conditions, they did help but I think the fogs set lower on the new FL will help cut under the fog and light the road a little better.

I will still be looking to replace my yeti next year with a new FL as I have not found any other 4x4 to match my needs as well as the yeti, hate all the ones with a slopping rear end, and small rear windows, just need the demand for the old pre FL yeti to stay high so mine is worth good money on a part X.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think I am with The Hood and Suzuki on this one. While I dont dislike the FL, I really much prefer the pre-FL look. For me it was love at first sight when I first laid eyes on it and mind you I was not a Škoda customer ever until then. What I think are the key elements that distinguish a Yeti from all other designs in terms of looks were the round fog lights, the rear drop and the overall boxy shape and the shark fin like B-pillars. Of course there is more to a Yeti design than just that but those are the three key elements I believe. Now the round fog lights are gone and the front end design looks edgier or sharper compared to the rest of the car. Its more aggressive and "mean" sort off rather than sweet and playful that it was. So all in all and always in terms of looks the FL is less Yeti for my taste. Come the time to change the car I will certainly be looking at Yeti too but now it wont be the same urge that I got when I first saw it and thought to myself "This will be my next car".

·
Registered
28 Posts
MrC said:
Now the round fog lights are gone and the front end design looks edgier or sharper compared to the rest of the car. Its more aggressive and "mean" sort off rather than sweet and playful that it was.

I agree with you there MrC, the pre-FL Yeti looks like Picachu in the Pokemon cartoons (helps if you had young children in the 1990s
); the new design looks like it will bite you in the backside if you get too close!

Regards, Lee.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
I love all the window space and have not had a blind spot incident in 3 months. I love the boxy shape, th cabin feel and the round fog lights. Fell in love with it immediately and all the thoughts of the Mazda CX5 went out of my head. Then we drove it....

·
Registered
786 Posts
I see that even the home page of this site (not the forum bit) has had a face lift and now includes a photo of the face lift version - boo, hiss!

And the Hood has created a new naming convention for the Yetis - "Classic"

Edited by: discosteve

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think that Skoda need to think again, they have taken an original design and ruined it by these updates, maybe the interior is ok, i will reserve judgement until i've seen it. The choice of exterior design seems quirky to say the least but neither of them seem a progressive step. Perhaps all cars will become souless and insignificant so it won't matter which one you buy. What a shame

·
Registered
267 Posts
Bit harsh that eltel but sadly I must agree with you.Might be better in the flesh but I just feel the quirky friendly Yeti face has been lost in a modern re-mix.Is it a Kia,is it a hyundi,is it a plane,you know what I mean.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts