Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd introduce myself.
I've bitten the bullet and ordered a 2WD Yeti 2.0 TDI 110PS SE Plus in Candy White, with Light assistant and auto dimming rear view mirror. Skoda Uk's 0% offer, plus a bit of discount and good px were too good to ignore.
Now I've got to try and keep my eyes on the road properly and stop looking for other Yeti's whilst I wait the 14 weeks that it will take for delivery (wouldn't pay to scratch my p/x car
).
I really like the styling of the current Yeti, so I'm not interested in the upgrade (start/stop plus the other stuff it may get, including a sizeable price hike no doubt) but if anyone has any suggestions as to what I should get for it would be welcome-I've read that the Yeti includes a protective film to the rear wheel arches to help prevent paint chipping but should I get mudguards to help "up front"?
Also, is there a community "bumper" sticker? (haven't had time to search through the forums as yet!)

Edited by: fastestlouigie

·
Administrator
13,110 Posts
The reason the rear doors get a foil guard is that the edge that passes around the wheel arch is in direct line of what comes off the tyres and it not shielded by the bodywork.

I would most definitely get mud flaps as the wide tyres throw up quite a lot of crud, another thing I would recommend is a heated front windscreen, the diesel takes quite a while to heat up on cold mornings.

Other than that, welcome to the forum I am sure that when you eventually take delivery of your Yeti you will think it was well worth the wait. It is the first car that I have owned that makes me smile when I drive it, others have also mentioned suffering from the same affliction.

·
Administrator
13,110 Posts
Just noticed that you are in Berkshire, if when you get your Yeti you see someone in an Aqua Blue Yeti waving at you, wave back, it might be me!

(not many other Yeti drivers respond)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok The Hood, I'll wave!
I decided not to go for the heated windscreen as my car will be garaged overnight. I had one in a Mondeo and as well as using it only once or twice, I did find the wires distracting at night (another glasses wearer with poor eyesight
).
The mudguards sound essential, especially given the low price, plus I think they may look ok with my Candy White Yeti, so I'll ask the dealer to fit these when it is ready for collection.
Thanks for the advice and I look forward to posting some more stuff in the weeks to come.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Welcome Louigie. Enjoy your Yeti when you get it, but in the meantime enjoy the advice from this forum - I wish I had discovered it before I bought mine!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome, I can definetly confirm waves from Yeti drivers in Bristol, so lets try to grow the trend.
You certainly won't ever need to touch your mirror or light switch. I notice the heated screen, but don't find it distracting as of yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Hood said:
The reason the rear doors get a foil guard is that the edge that passes around the wheel arch is in direct line of what comes off the tyres and it not shielded by the bodywork.
So if I get it right that means we can protect that part using a mud flap on the front of wheel arch as well, right? Of course I don't know how that would look like provided I will be using mud flaps already to the back of wheel arches. Hope it makes sense what I'm trying to say...lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ah it is a long wait, I know as I had the same with mine! I have a 2.0tdi 110 4x4 SE in Black (can't remember the silly name they give it)
Hope you enjoy it. Welcome to the forum. I have waved at a couple of other Yeti owners but no wave back yet!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Welcome to Yetiland from Kent. a great car that you will love. There are several Yeti's in my home area, none of which wave, so hope Wepass one day!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I too and family are HAVING to wait 12+ weeks until collection of candy white-black roof 1.2 tsi dsg. My children are really excited and myself for that phone call to say its here. We keep spotting more and more of them and its hard not to feel a bit smug as the Yeti is the obvious choice of vehicle for go and do living! Can anyone suggest or pass comment on how or where to buy rear spoiler other than Europe? Merci

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Hood , whilst I live in Cambridgeshire I lived in Berkshire all my life until 5 years ago and regularly visit my daughters every 6 weeks or so. So if from November onwards ( on the assumption delivery takes place on time) you see a Shark Blue Yeti with a personalised number plate in the Reading or Newbury area it will probably be me, so give me a wave.

·
Administrator
13,110 Posts
Hi Empcom, I will keep my eyes peeled it will make a change getting a response.
On Monday I even stopped andheld up a line of traffic in Windsor to let a Yeti driver out of their driveway, yep you guessed, no response whatsoever, next time they can stay on their drive!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts