Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, glad I found this site it has been interesting reading the various comments. I ordered my Yeti from the local Skoda dealer 3 weeks ago and was promised delivery within 10 to 12 weeks. I have had a Skoda Octavia from new for the last 5 years and I am a very satisfied Skoda customer. I decided to get something a little smaller and I think the Yeti will fit the bill.
I have ordered a Yeti SE 1.2TSI DSG in Shark Blue with spare wheel and detachable tow bar as it is my intention to tow a small caravan with it. The technical info says it will tow up to 1200KG and my caravan is under 1000KG so I will report in due course how well it tows.
I look forward to reading many interesting posts on the forum.

·
Administrator
13,102 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum, I hope the wait does not seem too long for you. The waiting is the worst part but it will be worth it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome! Same here just ordered few days ago and the waiting is a killer. At least I'm happy to have in order the pre FaceLift version as I think the looks of the new one are not as good as the old one. Add the fact that it looks like it lost the front round foglights so closer to the rest of the models in terms of appearance now. I much prefered the round fog lights which were one of the trademarks of the Yeti along with the fin like B-pillars and the boxy shape. Now it remains distinguishable but its less Yeti like... lol

Edited by: MrC

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello Empcom,

I tow a small two berth caravan - a shade under 1000kg - with my 1.6 Greenline.

I have to say that on the move, if I didn't look in the mirrors I would hardly know that a caravan was in tow; even the fuel consumption doesn't rise by that much. It will interesting to know how well your 1.2TSI tows.

I agree with everyone else - the waiting game is sheer purgatory! Toys for boys I suppose; if we got in touch with our feminine side I'm sure we would have an endless amount of paitience?

Regards, Lee.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts