Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I bought my first Skoda Yeti and I am in love! I am a car newbie with no knowledge and experience, but I have been reading the manual to figure some things out.

I can’t quite seem to figure out the locking system and the red flashing light on the drivers door. Once locked, should the red light continue to flash every 2-3 seconds? Does this mean the alarm is on or does this mean there is a problem?
It’s a 2010 Skoda yeti, any help would be MUCH appreciated

·
Premium Member
5,560 Posts
If the light is flashing the alarm is active.

·
Registered
576 Posts
welcome to the forum. Two presses of the lock button within 30 seconds of each other will lock the car,but disable the interior alarm which is useful if leaving kids, dogs or my father in law in the car for a short time. This also stops your alarm from killing your battery and annoying people if you are on a ferry.
There is a small button on the drivers door pillar that serves the same function.
Enjoy your Yeti

·
Administrator
5,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Any other questions just ask, as you can see there is always someone who will be helpful.

Reactions: Ruari

·
Administrator
15,252 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum. In case you don't have one, here is a link to the handbooks for 2009, 2010, 2011. One thing to be aware of is that the handbook lists every extra and feature available, so there will be things mentioned that you don't have.

(8) Library | Yeti Owners Club

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010, 2.0 TDi CR110. 2WD Manual. 232,000 mls.
6,412 Posts
Nipping out to my Yeti to find this new discovery... (y)
There’s a long running Forum thread called something like “Things I didn’t know my Yeti could do”. You may find interesting? Still an ever growing list. Even for those of us who have been driving Yetis for 8 years or more. :D

Reactions: Ruari

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'll have a search for that thread (y)
So that button on the door pillar, if I press that and then lock the car with the fob as normal then the internal alarm sensors will be deactivated, but otherwise the alarm will be armed (or just double press the fob)?

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Both do the same so I never used the button on the pillar.
Remember if you lock the car with the key remote then anyone inside can’t open the doors and get out either.

·
Premium Member
6,322 Posts
Remember if you lock the car with the key remote then anyone inside can’t open the doors and get out either.
They can if locked with a double press within 2 seconds using the fob or button at bottom of drivers door B pillar is pressed first.

·
Registered
143 Posts
There’s a long running Forum thread called something like “Things I didn’t know my Yeti could do”. You may find interesting? Still an ever growing list. Even for those of us who have been driving Yetis for 8 years or more. :D
Found it...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
welcome to the forum. Two presses of the lock button within 30 seconds of each other will lock the car,but disable the interior alarm which is useful if leaving kids, dogs or my father in law in the car for a short time. This also stops your alarm from killing your battery and annoying people if you are on a ferry.
There is a small button on the drivers door pillar that serves the same function.
Enjoy your Yeti
This is really handy to know, especially as I have a dog! Thank you for your help and welcome

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi welcome to the forum. In case you don't have one, here is a link to the handbooks for 2009, 2010, 2011. One thing to be aware of is that the handbook lists every extra and feature available, so there will be things mentioned that you don't have.

(8) Library | Yeti Owners Club
Thank you, this is really helpful. Good tip, I would have gotten excited about these extra features haha

·
Registered
264 Posts
It's well wortth downloading the MySkoda app on your phone as it includes a searchable Owner's Manual. On my 2017 Yeti it says to disable the internal motion sensor 'switch off the ignition, open driver's door and press the button on the door pillar. Lock the vehicle within 30 seconds.' This also disarms the anti-towing protection.
After normal locking with the key fob, the red light flashes quickly for two seconds and then slowly.
If you press the button on the door pillar or press the locking button on the key fob twice within two seconds, the red light flashes twice and then at longerintervals after 30 seconds.

·
Registered
264 Posts
It detects if the car is lifted at one end as when a tow truck lifts it.

·
Administrator
5,360 Posts
Just a warning the MySkoda app is being "updated" to a new version that combines with Connected Skoda so the old version is non-functioning from December 10th. The new version is just coming out but haven't been able to check it's functionality, like offering a copy of the owners handbook, yet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts