Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd check in and say hi. As of Monday just passed I'm now the owner of a 2013 Škoda Yeti Greenline II with 90k miles in the clock.

Very nice ride compared to my previous cars which I was stuck with now I'm at the age where insurance companies won't assume I'll total the car 4 times in the same year. Full service history so I know the only service that I've got to do between now and the end of the year is new brake pads and a quick oil change and won't be nearing another timing belt for 3 years. On top of the smooth drive and good space for gear I love the look of it especially since its pre face lift.

To introduce myself I'm from a wee village in Renfrewshire, my favourite brand of tea is Scottish Blend and my top 3 biscuits for dunking is Ginger nuts, rich tea and bourbon creams. will be accepting dunking recommendations.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi, Seems like the car is sorted but you need to get some excitement with the biscuits. Have you tried dunking two chocolate digestives back to back? Timing is everything.:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Seems like the car is sorted but you need to get some excitement with the biscuits. Have you tried dunking two chocolate digestives back to back? Timing is everything.:)
The digestive used to be my dunker of choice until I had one too many cuppas ruined. I have however never tried the double dunk so must try that. I do like dark chocolate digestives in on occasion as they are one of the few biscuits that can add to the cup themselves but like you said timing is everything and I just don't have the timing.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Welcome. The tim-tam orgasm can be done with penguins. Well worth the effort

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome aboard OP (y)

I had to Google that one, Paul. I'm not a tea drinker o_O so would be a waste of a good Penguin bar for me. But I must try it sometime with a hot chocolate drink. I'm trembling at the knees at the thought of it...

·
Administrator
4,951 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Not just steak pies you love then? Hope the yeti is added to the list. At 90k nicely run in now so looked after will give plenty more miles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I prefer Hobnobs myself. You can dunk those to your hearts content.
Welcome. The tim-tam orgasm can be done with penguins. Well worth the effort
I do love the odd dunkers like shortbread can be good but a lot of people would never expect it. Gotta try the Tim tam myself but I have tried the penguin dunk.

The dunked Hobnobs are glorious taste wise but playing with fire. Chocolate nobs stay together better but even if they don't break apart they like to drop crumbs at the bottom

·
Registered
500 Posts
Bite opposing corners off your penguin. With one open corner in your mouth, dip the other open corner into drink (tea or hot chocolate ) and suck. When drink hits the mouth pop the whole thing into your mouth. Do not bite, just let it dissolve.
Not one for when you have company

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
By far the best steak pies are those where the beef has been marinated and cooked in 2/3 bottle of either Old Peculier or Riggwelter. Even regular Black Sheep is OK. For purists who cry at the thought of using either of those for cooking, remember that the reason I recommend 2/3 usage, is so the cook has the remaining 1/3 to use as neck oil. In proper Keith Floyd fashion. :cool::D

The Bull Inn at West Tanfield near Masham does a phenomenal steak and ale pie, in combination with seasonal veg. I’m salivating even at the thought.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Hello Ilovesteakpie and thank you for choosing the only forum name which makes me dribble. I like a thick layer of short pastry, slightly undercooked on the inside, on a kate and sydney pie because all the best bits stick to it and I could eat it as it comes. Same with apple pie. The second best tea in the world is Yorkshire Tea (the best is a local blend) ideal for char and a wad as a snack. When I ate chocolate, my favourite sort-of-dunk was a cup of tea with a bar of Cadbury's Brazil nut chocolate. Chunk of chocolate, mouthful of tea, suck the gooey bits away, eat the nut then repeat.

Reactions: ilovesteakpie

·
Registered
109 Posts
Jimmy, I also dribble from time to time , but I think that‘s more to do with my age.

Hello Ilovesteakpie and thank you for choosing the only forum name which makes me dribble. I like a thick layer of short pastry, slightly undercooked on the inside, on a kate and sydney pie because all the best bits stick to it and I could eat it as it comes. Same with apple pie. The second best tea in the world is Yorkshire Tea (the best is a local blend) ideal for char and a wad as a snack. When I ate chocolate, my favourite sort-of-dunk was a cup of tea with a bar of Cadbury's Brazil nut chocolate. Chunk of chocolate, mouthful of tea, suck the gooey bits away, eat the nut then repeat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By far the best steak pies are those where the beef has been marinated and cooked in 2/3 bottle of either Old Peculier or Riggwelter. Even regular Black Sheep is OK. For purists who cry at the thought of using either of those for cooking, remember that the reason I recommend 2/3 usage, is so the cook has the remaining 1/3 to use as neck oil. In proper Keith Floyd fashion. :cool::D

The Bull Inn at West Tanfield near Masham does a phenomenal steak and ale pie, in combination with seasonal veg. I’m salivating even at the thought.

Not sure next time I'll get a chance to head that far South but until then check the steak and ale pie out of here: Pies by Post - Lochinver Larder Went on Holiday to Applecross last year and passed by here and every single pie is phenomenal, crust is great but isn't for everyone. Love the Keith Floyd fashion, may have to try the black sheep top up.

Bite opposing corners off your penguin. With one open corner in your mouth, dip the other open corner into drink (tea or hot chocolate ) and suck. When drink hits the mouth pop the whole thing into your mouth. Do not bite, just let it dissolve.
Not one for when you have company
Now this is the dark web of biscuit techniques which yous have suggested. Do have to agree with slight underdoo on the pies though, need a touch of sogginess with the crispy top.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts