Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collected my new Yeti yesterday, somewhat bewildered by all the menus and sub-menus but no doubt will get there in due course.

I like to have my ipod in the car, am I right in sayingI need a cable to plug into the littlesocket on the dashboard and with an ipod plug on the other end?, shame the cable will then trail down the dashboard, my last car was a Freelander with the ipod socket in the glovebox.

I've also noticed it has a slot for an SD card, how do I get music onto this?

If anyone is helpful enough to reply please don't get overly complicated, I haven't spent the last 65 years as a Luddite for nothing.

Cheers

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Jeremy,
Some good information and links from knowledgeable posters on my Teetering thread. That and Amazon should see you right. My Yeti isn't due for a couple of months but I'm already assembling a load of goodies for the beast!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Regarding the Ipod, if you have the MDI fitted you will need the MDI to ipod cable to connect it. This will power the ipod and allow the radio to control it. If you do not have the MDI then you'll need a 3.5mm stereo jack plug to plug cable to connect to the aux in connector on the radio. Which radio do you have as the location of this connector depend which radio is fitted. With the Bolero, as fitted to my Yeti, it's in the box under the centre armrest.

To get music onto the SD card, first make sure the SD card is formatted as FAT32 then transfer MP3 music files from your PC onto it, insert it into the SD slot and select Media then SD. It normally takes a few seconds for the radio to access the card before it starts playing. The SD card can be either a standard SD card up to 2Gb or and SDHC card up to 32Gb. Typically I can get about 10 hours of music on a standard 2Gb SD card.

Keith

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for these two replies. Just below the radio there's a socket which looks about 3.5mm so that's where I'll need to plug a thing to connect my ipod. Thanks also for the information about how the SD card works.

JeremyG

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you have a bolero then you can bluetooth the ipod with no cables at all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I now have a better solutionin that I've put my stuff on an SD card and that shows titles and everything, to use the ipod I'd have had to have a cable hanging down the dashboard from the 3.5mm socket and I'm not sure it would charge the ipod as well as play it.

Now I've got my music sorted I can start enjoying the Yeti!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts