Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
After a lot of searching for a type of vehicle, then a model and then a spec we have finally got our Yeti.

Not new, a four year old 2.0 TDI CR 4x4 Elegance (140BHP). Designed for my wife to use on her commutes through West Wales where we do suffer bad weather in the winter.

Although I don't really like the guy, it was Jeremy Clarkson that made our mind up with the Top Gear testing he did. There were a number of coincidences with this as I don't actually watch Top Gear but caught the Yeti tests while flicking through the channels a while ago, I didn't even know what the vehicle was at the time. However whilst finding a suitable type of vehicle I came across them on the internet and suddenly remembered how impressed he was and how impressed we were.

Then we had to check that Diane could drive it as she is not the tallest person on the planet so off we went to Swansea and drove their 170 Elegance in Petrol Blue. We spent a great deal of time dismantling this vehicle and it ticked all the boxes. Diane jumped in and drove it with no effort at all, she loved it.

I then showed her some Audi A3's and Golfs.....not interested.

Then the search went on for a 140PS version of the Elegance with less than 30,000 miles and below £17,000, we found about 4 in the UK, a perfect one in Dundee but way too far. It just so happened that there was one in Silver in Diane's home town of Swindon!!

Emailed them and they have been very helpful. Went over, took and extended test drive, I got to drive as well this time. Awesome car and in really nice condition so there we are. We're collecting it on Wednesday.

I have learnt that there is an enthusiastic following for the Yeti and I can see why. It is highly functional without being a fashion item and will sit nicely beside our 1972 VW bus as another enthusiasts vehicle that is so very practical.

Mike

·
Administrator
4,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike&Di. I am sure neither of you will regret your choice and if you have read through entries in the Forum you'll have already seen that our Welsh members praise the Yeti for the versatility and handling on all road types. West Wales commutes with a smile!
Do comeback and share your early experiences and ask any questions on ownership that may come up.

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your choice of Yeti, especially if it is Aqua Blue.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mike&Di said:
Hi folks
Then we had to check that Diane could drive it as she is not the tallest person on the planet so off we went to Swansea and drove their 170 Elegance in Petrol Blue. We spent a great deal of time dismantling this vehicle and it ticked all the boxes. Diane jumped in and drove it with no effort at all, she loved it.
Mike
Good choice and a warm welcome to the cult of Yetism!
Like you I have a "vertically challenged wife" but she jumped into our test drive Yeti and drove it with confidence from the off. I thought that I might have to convince SWMBO to get a Yeti BUT nowhave aproblem convincing her that it is a 50%-50% purchase & I should get to drive it as well!

·
Registered
368 Posts
The Hood said:
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your choice of Yeti, especially if it is Aqua Blue.

Think they said it was Silver - which can look a bit like Steel Grey in certain light.
I know, I know - but I gotta mention Steel Grey as much as I can.

Welcome to the fold MikeAndDi

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome Mike, this has to be one of the friendliest sites on the net, and that's no bull. I too have a five foot wife who is rather picky about what she says she can drive. We had a Golf prior to our recent acquisition of our yeti, so control-wise she found it ideal - and I got no arguments over the choice for a change. I have to agree with JOOKS though, getting the chance to drive it is hard. Good luck with your new car, I hope you have many miles of reliable motoring (I'm certain you will)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Mike&Di, welcome to the forum and to the ever increasing numbers of proud and very happy Yeti owners!
Make sure that you take photos and post them on here!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Welcome Mike&Di, bet you can't wait 'till Wednesdays here!
Enjoy the forum and your Yeti.

Cheers, Henry.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome to you both.
In west Wales the Yeti following appear to be quite responsive to a wave so do enjoy your new Snow Monster and keep an eye out for those admiring your choice of vehicle and 'welcoming' you with their waves.
Shanco

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, we collected it on Wednesday, spent a while familiarising ourselves with the key functions and features.

\we certainly have not been disappointed. Di drove from Swindon back to West Wales via Gloucester and Brecon, our usual route and I followed her. I have never seen her drive so well even round the twisty bits. She loved it and and when we arrived she was beaming all over her face as she was getting 50mpg.

So it does was it says on the tin, well happy.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Mike&Di said:
...Di drove from Swindon back to West Wales via Gloucester and Brecon, our usual route and I followed her. I have never seen her drive so well even round the twisty bits. She loved it and and when we arrived she was beaming all over her face as she was getting 50mpg.
Happy wife
, happy life

1 - 15 of 15 Posts