Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Collected my Yeti this morning. It's a 2WD Elegance, in white with a black roof. So far very happy
Anyhoo, it was an ex demo (managers company car) and the front tyres will need replacing in the next few months I think. It has Dunlop SP01's on. What's everyone's experience? Should I stick with them, or has anyone found better? Cheers guys

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi and welcome,you could try the Goodyear vectra 4 season tyres, they are around the same price as the Dunlop sp1 sports if thats what you have on already.

I had them fitted to my 110 4x4 from new the dealer swapped them for the sp1 sports, and so far I have found them a very good tyre, good in the wet and the heat of the summer (well the odd hot day we get
), and are very good in the winter.

As for wear they are proving better than the sp1 sports I had on my first 1.2tsi yeti, which I traded for my 110 at 18 month old with 18k on the clock and the front tyres would have needed replacing within another 2k, but the Goodyear 4 seasons on the 110 are now over 18.5k and still have 6mm on the fronts and the rears are around 7.5mm.

The only thing is you would probably have to swap all four, or put the all seasons on the rear till the others have to be changed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi wakev, thanks for that. I've read mixed reviews for all season tyres in that, some find them a "jack of all, master of none" but it's good to hear from someone who's actually used them. Will look in to it as, what I could do is replace the fronts like for like until I need new rears and then bite the bullet and change all 4. Hopefully just in time for winter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just one other question, did you have to reduce the speed rating from W to V? I can't seem to find them in the size I need with a W rating. Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts