Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all you fellow Yeti owners, just got my Yeti 2.0 tdi, 4 x 4, 170 BHp Elegance, with panoranic roof and spare tyre, in Aqua Blue, after a six month wait. She has taken over my life trying to figure out how to work all the gadgets. Was supposed to come with a tow bar but didn't so took her today to have one fitted locally, going back tomorrow as interior lights not going out when doors closed or ignition turned on!! Hope this is the only hicup.
Can anyone help me witha CD changer query, when I have loaded six CD's it only recognises the Artist and playlist of the first CD, what am I doing wrong, have a feeling I will be on this forum quite a bit with queries.I have actually managed to figure out how to turn off the DRL. Been out and about in her but haven't seen another one yet. Looking forward to many hours of happy motoring, as per other comments on this forum, the Yeti does bring a smile to your face when you get into it. p.s.Mine is called "Yoda" not my idea the grandchildren are to blame but I do like it. "Yoda the Skoda" May the force be with you all.

Rose.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Welcome to the gang!! Sorry I can't help with your CD player query as it is a bit of a mystery to me. I did get mine working, but have not used it for some time. All I can say at present is, if I could make it work, anyone can! Best of luck and happy Yeti motoring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks igg, I have managed to get the CD working, just don't know what CD I am about to play, all adds to the mystery I suppose. Next encounter will be getting MP4 player to work and mobile phone connected. The manual will be worn out I'm sure.

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
Hi Rose and welcome to the forum, I must compliment you on your choice of colour, it changes with the light and weather conditions. Best of all it does not show the dirt.I assume you have a Bolero CD/radio, mine does not recognise/read the album and track details straight away, it seems to "learn" the details after it has been loaded for a little while. I tend to use an SD card rather than CD's as I don't have to work out where to keep six empty cases, and can have dozens of albums on one card.The pictures show an SD card contents but your CD's wil work the same way.
Picture one shows how it will look when it has "learnt" what is loaded (SD card).

If you press selection in the bottom right corner it will show the tracks on the disk being played (when it
has had time to learn)

If you press the symbol in the top left corner it will display the discs loaded

I hope I have not confused things by using an SD card as an example, there was not time to allow the radio to learn what discs had been loaded.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Thanks for that, it is the Bolero Radio/CD etc, etc, I will give it time to learn then, I must say I love your choice of music, love Paul Carrack. Will have to have a go at trying to load my music onto an SD card, maybe better and as you say will hold more and stopCD cases rattling round car.

Thanks for your help,

p.s. assume that youtoo have the Aqua Blue, great colour eh.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
What it does from a SD card is totally different to what it does from a CD. It does not "learn" it.
It will only take the track info from a CD if the CD is written with it, and not all are.

Edited by: Llanigraham

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that, as you say not all CD's contain this info, have a feeling mine are quite old and probably don't have this info.
Nevermind, will have to continue to be suprised by what comes on next.

Regards,

Rose

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used software called "dbpoweramp" to rip CDs onto the computer for subsequent transfer to SD cards etc. It pulls the track data from the internet and saves it as part of the mp3 file properties. It also saves to other formats including lossless if you are an audiophile and are planning to save all your music on a server or whatever.
Mark

·
Registered
7 Posts
I heard horro stories about having to use a playlist for SD Cards

I bought a class 10 Kensington 16Gb card and went down the playlist route.
It turned out to perform not better than the simpler method of folders as below
<artist1>
<album1>
<album2>
<artist2>
<album1>
<album2>
<album3>
<album4>
Etc etc
I reads the card within 5 seconds and updates the display.
Tracks were ripped to MP3 format via iTunes.
Then copied and pasted within windows explorer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The Hood - That is a significant 70's vibe going on in your car. I imagine you must be driving around in a very mellow way. It is always brave to show everyone your musical tastes, well done.

I agree about the SD card, definitely the way to go. Rip your CD's, MP3 format is simple and reduces the file well, and copy paste them onto an SD card. Ever so simple and hassle free once set up.

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
Hi EdmundblackadderThanks for your kind words about my music, Ienjoyed every episode of your TV series.
I must also compliment you in your choice of Yeti almost the same as mine!

I'm in the process of converting my vynl and cassettes to MP3. Looking forward to a rendition of Mungo Jerry (might be before your time). Look out for a Yeti playing " In the summer time when the weather is high, you can strectch right up an touch the sky.............................."

I use an 8GB card and have around 30 albums on it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mungo Jerry was before my time but In the Summertime was and is still a great song. I have a very odd selection on my SD card, The Kinks, Bee Gees, Queen, Bruno Mars, Barry Manilow, Adele (who doesn't have that one) amongst many. The one people always sneer at but then always end up singing along to is the Barry Manilow album, free from a Sunday paper. Cheesy but guaranteed to make you smile and tap your foot to. I like laid back music in my car, like yours, as there is enough tension when driving and I need relaxed music to keep me calm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts