off road button
sun roof
any ideas or suggestions
plaese let me know

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi and welcome.

The se plus is a nice spec yeti,and the 1.8 is a very nice motor test drove one as it was the only demo car the dealer had when I was looking to get my first yeti. the 1.8 and 170tdi are certainty the GTIS of the yeti range although the 1.8 is a little thirsty the 170 will give a good mpg.

I know the side steps look good but they do reduce the ground clearance and are not much help as a step.

I have put on the door sill protectors to stop the paint work getting scratched by shoes when you get in and out, I have the off road button and HHC and heated screenand seats rubber mats for the winter and fabric mats for the summer (if we get one this year) but as with all things its down to personal taste really.

Edited by: wakev

·
Administrator
13,405 Posts
Hi

Do you leave the island much, the tow bar suggests that you might?

The last time I drove on Guernsey it was far more congested thanon previous visits. Unless you go off roading or leave the island I would have thought a 1.8 4x4 was a bit of overkill. For the mild climate and short roads staying on the island I would have gone for a smaller engine and two wheel drive, however if you do off-road the rough road package could be worthwhile as the Yeti has limited ground clearance. If you leave the island and own a caravan nice choice and no DPF.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all your helpI like the idea of sidesteps
narrow steap lanes here so 4x4 a good idea
also will take the car to France or UK at least once a year
also use for towing a boat and poss a caravan

·
Registered
83 Posts
Good choice if you want a 4x4 for your use. A bit thirst, but lots of fun.
I'm guessing a diesel is out as the size of the island and speed resrictions will cause DPF issues?

I also wouldn't bother with the side steps. It's not a jacked up Defedner with big tyres.
They are for decoration purposes only and as mentioned actually reduce clearence.
Fine if you want the look, but otherwise a bit pointless.

·
Administrator
13,405 Posts
I agree about the diesel as Guernsey has a 30mph speed limit when the traffic allows and unless you drove around in 2nd gear the DPF would die quite quickly. Do the side steps make the car wider that could be a minus point?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help and advice guysthat would explain why my Pug 307 diesel sounds like a bag of nails
but runs well when taken to France
still thinking about the Yeti
many thanks
Pete

·
Administrator
13,405 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
I'm sure someone on the other Forum said that Skoda were refusing to sell diesels in the Channel Isles because of the potential problem with the DPF's.

·
Registered
290 Posts
All my past vehicles have been fitted with DPF's, and I live in the city. The way I have no problems with mine is that once a month, I drive for about 15 miles in whatever gear it take to maintain a constant rev of about 2400. As I have access to diesel emmision test equipement, I have been able to monitor my vehicles, and none have shown any problems doing it this way.

EDIT: The DPF on my Yeti is situated directly on the exhaust manifold, thus I would think that the high temp would burn off the soot particles without the need to take it on a run to regenerate
Edited by: Tech-Yeti

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Himany thanks for all your help i have ordered the
1.2TSI(105bhp)Dsg SE PLUS
took it for atest drive today loved it
colour bronze
hope to drive it away in 2 weeks
decided that i didnt need all the extras,4wd,side steps sunroof
cant wait