Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all forum members,We live mostly in Spain and spend time here in deepest Sussex. Being happily retired for 2 years there is plenty of time to enjoy life as it should be! We want to change our old RAV 4 in Spain for a Yeti, and as we live in the country, on 1/2 a mile of gravel / hilly track, I was hoping that some of your members could advise if the 1.2 tsi DSG 2wd would be suitable for some of the steep gravelly stuff that we have
. I have read all the reports I can find, but one BIG problem in Spain is that there are no demonstrators available, and the sales people just expect to take orders from customers with no selling!! Also, we are golfers, so does anyone know if the boot will take two sets of clubs and two electric trollies, as the RAV does? Many thanks, help appreciated!

·
Administrator
13,457 Posts
Hi
I don't play golf and my Yeti is a manual TDI, but regarding what youcan get in the boot, it is the same size on all models. Soif you use the link below to find a dealer in the Sussexarea you could take your golf equipment with you and see if it fits. The rear seats can be removed which gives a lot more space, another thing to consider is if you would want a spare wheel or not. If you do it is far cheaper to buy it and the jack etc when you order the car (if buying new). A spare wheelraises the height of the boot floor which may be relevant to your golf equipment fitting inside.
The second link shows a used example of what you described. For a new car Drive the deal and Skoda Store.com are worth a look. If you are buying new make sure you ask how long the wait is likely to be.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/gbr/findaretailer/Pages/default.aspx

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Skoda-Yeti-1-2-TSI-S-5-Dr-White-/370554846868?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item5646ca3e94

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, and I am going to try and see the car tomorrow morning. Good advice re the spare, but as we. live off road in Spain, and the car will be bought out there, new, I think a spare is advisable, but not essential if a kit is available for punctures. having said that, our RAV, on Continentals, has not had a problem

·
Administrator
13,457 Posts
I would not be without a spare, and still carry out an old motorcycle habit of de-stoning the tyres once a week. If you do order new in Spainit would be interesting to know how long you have to wait for delivery and how the prices compared.

·
Registered
26 Posts
HiI can't comment on the DSG/gravelly question. I have the 1.2 manual and with the back seats out I have carried 4 sets of golf clubs, 4 electric trollies and 4 pieces of luggage - no problem at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drove the beastie yesterday, and was very impressed. Coming from a BMW, I was pleasantly surprised, I found the ride quality "firm",but supple, and would hope that it would soften up a bit in time, and the cabin a little noisey. Handling on bumpy country roads, excellent, I tested a diesel, which rattles when stationary, but nice and quiet at speed. Still I would go for the petrol, and the clubs fitted in ok, crosswise, with the driver out, and a large electric trolley. The rear seat adjustment is really good, and the passenger seats very supportive. All in all a great car for the money. Upside,
I can buy a LHD car here to export, downside,
it has a 7 month waiting list!! Now waiting for a price!

·
Administrator
13,457 Posts
HiYou say you found the ride "firm" did you test drive one with 16" or 17" wheels? Those with 16" wheels have taller tyres which provide a bit more cushioning. The waiting varies between dealers, they have "quota's" also now the 12 plate has come out there should be some low milage demo models available although they would not be LHD.

·
Administrator
13,457 Posts
Just remembered, Quadrift in Guernsey was after a 1.2 and seemed to be getting a very fast delivery, he did not say if it was going to be new or used and has not posted sinceMarch 19th. Perhaps that would be a quicker route, you could always try sending him a PM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts