Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just collected my nearly new ex demonstrator Yeti elegance diesel DSG a couple of weeks ago and am very pleased with it. However I was really surprised to find that with the Amundsen set the only way to connect my ipod was through the jack socket on the dashboard which then meant ipod was on display and menu had to be controlled manually.No one at Skoda locally knew any work around on this but our longstanding VW dealer next door took the creative approach and ordered me a VW part which is used with the same unit in the Passat.
My local car audio dealer fitted the part and a lead and now I have the ipod connected in the glove box to an MDI which gives me full control over ipod controls on the touch screen. it cost me about £260 in all and well worth it. Really surprised that Skoda do not fit eh glove box MDI as standard in all their models.
The VW part reference is Media Device Interface Kit V5NO 057 342 B.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, several of us have fitted the VAG MDI, mine feeds into the glove box, too.

I use both an iPod touch and a 32GB memory stick, when 'er indoors has made off with the iPod!

Strange that SUK don't offer this as standard or even an option on Yeti - when it's available on other models in the current Skoda line up :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts