Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
I have been skulking around this site for months checking out all the talk and tips on all things Yeti. So far I have had a great test drive with the Walthamstow garage in East London(which I located whilst test driving a Nissan Q I might add), I've ordered a hatch bag in grey and even the Yeti itself but still I am waiting, green with envy for my Pacific Blue auto to arrive complete with spare wheel for the dog to sit on.
I must thank you all for your posts that have proved most valuable in helping me convince my colleagues and family that I am making an excellent choice with the Yeti. I have also had a good laugh at your banter on other topics such as spelling and grammer. I see the odd Yeti in Essex often in white or silver which is the way in these parts. I have even snooped around a few from the curb, so if I came up on your CCTV I must apologise but it was all part of my research and you should be flattered! The Yeti is starting to cause a stir in this neck of the woods most famed for massive 4wd's. And comming from an all equine and dog background I can honestly say It is a real contender, though I am now an office worker for my sins....I just can't wait for it to turn up!
Oh yeah nearly forgot to mention "I am a female" just to prove we can get just as excited about our cars as you guys out there.

·
Administrator
13,457 Posts
I was not sure if I should reply as it looks like I am the only person who posts.
Welcome to the Forum, it will be good to get comments from a different perspective. I am sure you will be thrilled with your new car and will be made most welcome by the other members.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Welcome and hope your yeti turns up soon, you have made a goodchoice.

Spelling andgrammar that will be me then
of to the naughty corner
have we got one on this site.

Still cant find it
I'll keep looking

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The Hood said:
I was not sure if I should reply as it looks like I am the only person who posts.
Welcome to the Forum, it will be good to get comments from a different perspective. I am sure you will be thrilled with your new car and will be made most welcome by the other members.

I'm here too, and welcome the nice lady

You are just trying to get your post numbers up

OK I will keep looking for thenaughty corner. found it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you The Hood
You have made some excellent comments on the site. I am sure you are not as "evil" as your eyebrows suggest.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Wakev
I have never joined any forum of any sort before, but the world of cars being what it is, I find the Yeti one very accurate and honest. The pictures have also been invaluable when I was trying to work out the space for my GSD dog, trail bike and all.
I did look at the bike rack set up, but I will get the dog and bike in with the extended hatch bag set up, so thats more good advice that I gleaned from this site.
The Hatch Bag people are a delight to order from and one of the most dilligent British companies I have dealth with in a long time which is high praise indeed in the economic climate. But my main worry is the car comming with the top security setting on the door locks and me being locked in it on my drive until I get rescued by the AA! I will of course have the computer to hand in the Yeti so I can email my way out if needs be.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello again so soon Wakev
Its the 1.2 Tsi SE, its no frills bar the spare wheel (I do not fancy the low loader home from my hols) and though I will use the vehicle for work I still do not do enough milage pa to warrant a diesel. And of course the price was a factor and I have stretched myself to get to the SE because I am increasing significantly in size (I am saying goodbye to my fab frugal Hyundi i10) and for the first time in my life thought the rear parking sensors would make life a little less stressful.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine is a1.2 also, and It's been most impressive so far. The spare wheel option (which I have too) is, apart from the obvious, a way more dog friendly solution as it makes the rear floor almost the same height as the door sill - my dog hates it if he can't see where he's jumping into.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
nortonbobcat said:
Hello Wakev
I have never joined any forum of any sort before, but the world of cars being what it is, I find the Yeti one very accurate and honest. The pictures have also been invaluable when I was trying to work out the space for my GSD dog, trail bike and all.
I did look at the bike rack set up, but I will get the dog and bike in with the extended hatch bag set up, so thats more good advice that I gleaned from this site.
The Hatch Bag people are a delight to order from and one of the most dilligent British companies I have dealth with in a long time which is high praise indeed in the economic climate. But my main worry is the car comming with the top security setting on the door locks and me being locked in it on my drive until I get rescued by the AA! I will of course have the computer to hand in the Yeti so I can email my way out if needs be.

The locking system is good deadlocks on the doors, but you will not lock yourself in, my other half is the worlds worst withtechnology and anything with a plug on, and has not been stuck in it yet

As for the GSD that will be no problem (not had a bike in with him though)

he loves the yeti as well but spends most of his time traveling in my van.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you Steph64
I ordered on 26th Feb? off the top of my head and was well aware of how long the wait might be. Though there is no rush now we are out of the snow, I still hope it turns up as keeping my other car ready for the exchange is killing me and the dog! I note your location and hope the weather is good with you. We had summer in Essex on Sunday and it was very pleasant!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fab dog indeed
I will take the front wheel of the bike and that way both will fit in for short trips away from home with the seats set forwards and down. I am on my third GSD and this one, Lady Gaga, is looking forwards to the hatch bag more than me so she can come and go in any state without me having to towel her down every single time. Its the dog that has forced my hand on the Yeti its not really about me or saving money anymore its all about the Dog! Just don't tell the cats as they think its all about them. Comment on difficulty of locking self in car noted and hope not to let myself down by actually being the first idiot to do it.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Keeping you busyreplying tonight. Are you going to fit winter tyres for next winter as my first yeti was a 1.2tsi and was ok in the snow but not so good when the snowturned to slush and ice, winter or all season tyres will make a bigdifference. I changed the car to a 110tdi 4x4 and allseason tyres
but at a year old with only 11k on it it lost very little value.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Watching Made In Chelsea and talking winter tyres!
I have read much about the great winter tyre debate but have always got about in all my other cars ok as live nearly on a main A road and the big problem is getting off my driveway and out of the country lane to this road. IF the weather is going to be this bad every year it will be worth my while looking at a set as I have room to store them out of season but then I am low milage so could be on them all year. If that fails at least I can now carry a bag of grit in the back. But in all honesty you never really know what people mean about handling in the ice and snow until you actually have to do it yourself, so I will no doubt have a clear answer for you in about 7 Months time

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes thats true about the floor, in an ideal world I would have liked as much space as possible as my dog is not adverse to throwing herself into anything. But I can see it will be practical for me when I am moving cat carriers about (I foster for Cats Protection) and lifting those carriers up over a boot lip can really play on your elbow joints after a few years so I will be grateful of the level floor in that respect.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Rather than carry a bag of grit, carry some snow socks - they work great, I use them occasionally for getting to the local ski station. Thanks, weather is fantastic right now - we had 30 degs and sunny on Sunday and a balmy 25 degs yesterday; misty this morning which normally means a nice sunny day on the way (again!).

Just for reference - I ordered mine on Jan 28th and picked it up on March 28th, way quicker than I'd expected, hope it's similar for you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re Snow socks
They seem less brutal than chains. Are they easy to put on or do you have to roll the wheel to fit them, ie be prepared before the bad snow comes. What make do you use?
I usually carry a shovel all through the snow season (it seems we have one in the south east now), but have only ever had to dig myself out at home or help other road users out.
Still a bit overcast in Essex but have taken a few days A/L to sort out the garden so hope it stays dry at the very least.

Ps whats all the points about on the side of the posts, and what do you do with them?

·
Administrator
4,571 Posts
Welcome to the forum and hope that your Yeti comes soon.

re Snow socks have a look at the videos here
http://www.autosock.co.uk/autosock-for-cars/
That will answer any questions on fitting, etc. I carried a pair around this winter but didn't have to use them. SWMBO has some for the Panda and thinks they are brilliant having used them two winters ago. Got her up a hill when others just couldn't make any progress.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Same ones ^^ - depending on tyre size you can't use chains on the front anyhow. There are some other things - not chains but chunkier than socks which are ok, forget the name at the moment.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts