Yeti Owners Club banner

newbie yeti owner

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  SteveJ 
#1 ·
hi, awaiting delivery of our 4x4 yeti in may l've got a couple of questions 1/ is that good in mud 2/ would it be advisable to have off road tyres fitted.asl will beusing for farm tracks and muddy fields etc.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. I have towed our caravan from a muddy field after everyone else needed the help of the farm tractor. No wheel spin or other excitement. All achieved on the Dunlop sport tyres supplied. I would think better suited tyres may be advisable if you are to do a lot of rough work...

#3 ·
Mine regularly gets taken off-road, in all sorts of conditions as I do Safety Radio on Car Rallies and it has never let me down. I run 17" Kumho KU39's
If you have 17" wheels you won't find any "off-road" tyres, and there aren't many in 16" either. You would not want to fit anything more than an "All Terrain" pattern if you can find them.

#5 ·
Done at least 45k on the various ones on the Yeti, and probably about 60k with them on Freelanders. Have always found them excellent. No bedding in required, but I am sensible for the first 60 or so miles. Regularly get used off road as well and I've never got stuck yet.

#7 ·
No problem.
Have a good trip to France.

We were down in Cornwall the other week. Daughter lives in Carbis Bay and helps run a sandwich shop in St Ives.

Edited by: Llanigraham

#8 ·
Llanigraham said:
No problem.
Have a good trip to France.

We were down in Cornwall the other week. Daughter lives in Carbis Bay and helps run a sandwich shop in St Ives.
My wife's late aunt lived in Carbis Bay, if ever you are down that way on a Sunday, try and go to The Farmhouse Kitchen Table at Trevaskis for lunch, make sure you are hungry.

#9 ·
Thanks to both. We spent a week at Carbis Bay in 2011 before we moved down here last year. Great area.Will remember Trevaskis Farm, just looked it up and it seems to have a lot going for it, looks like you could almost spend a day there!
Will report on the Kumhos after they are fitted and 'run in'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.