Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Just thought I'd say hello as I've taken the plunge, after a great deal of deliberation and as of yesterday placed an order for an Yeti 1.2 tsi Outdoor Elegance DSG in Cappuccinno. Outline delivery has been given as 18 weeks, so like the majority of you guys, it's a heck of a long wait, but I suppose it will be Spring by then (middle of April ) and a 14 plate. Still a bit, no a lot of confusion, over colours. Dealer told me Metal Grey Metallic not available, also Shark Blue discontinued even though there was a FL Yeti in that colour out back waiting to be prepped for collection by one lucky customer

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hi Judge

Welcome to the site, and also to the best decision you've made this year! I also have a 1.2 TSI DSG Elegance, but mine as you will see from the signature, is Rosso Brunelli with Gobi leather. Only done around 2.5k so far, but great car to drive. My only moan so far is that she is not too good on petrol, but it's early days yet and she is getting slightly better.

Paint issues: The reason for the shortage of some colours is because the paint factory used by Skoda was at the place in Japan hit by the massive tsunami a couple of years ago. They still seem limited on production, and only allocate a colour to a model in rotation (or so the story from SUK and the agent goes) Good luck with that one. Keep your patience whilst waiting - the wait is worth while.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Paul
I am convinced that I have made a good decision. It has taken me all summer with a number of test drives and reading articles/reports as well as checking out owners sites like thIs one to decide on which vehicle and variant to go for. Your comment on fuel consumption is correct as I think, when the engine settles in a bit more, it will improve. I have not owned a brand new car before but I have purchased my last 3 motorcycles from new and found that when the engines had been run in and loosened up, the performance and fuel economy improved, subject to some restraint of my right hand.
At the dealers yesterday, the salesman seemed a bit perplexed that Skoda were manufacturing the FL Yeti and supplying it to customers, but they had not received their dealership models to put on display/test drive or that the new brochures were still not in circulation, although I thought it better that customers, who had been waiting a long time, were given priority and supplied with their long awaited motor.
The paint issue is a difficult one and it took a phone call to confirm to me that the Grey and the Shark Blue were off the list and I guess, is due to the facts you detailed regarding the source in Japan. It doesn't help though, when the their latest clever configurator allows you to choose a colour and view it and then find you can't have it. Never mind. I am happy with the choices I have made and it's a major hurdle to have gotten to the point of placing an order. It will be fun to watch this site as the vehicles arrive in this country and their new owners take possession

·
Registered
368 Posts
Welcome to the fold Judge.You have made a very good choice and well researched by your own account.
Looking forward to seeing who can be the 1st to post a piccy of their new F/L Yeti.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hi Chris, I had real issues with agent regarding choice of colour (not really their fault I have to say). The car I wanted was the SE+, but was told that Skoda had ceased production of that model (although SUK told me they were still available). When the dealer tried to order one on the system, the system would not allow it . Definite shades of "computer says no". Eventually, we agreed a deal on an Elegancenor would it let them order the colour I wanted (Rosso Brunelli). I stuck out that this was the colour I wanted, and all credit to the dealer, although I did not want it until September, they snapped one of the few available ones up, and stored it until I was ready for it.Stick at it if you wantGrey or the Shark Blue!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Judge3151 said:
Hi All
Just thought I'd say hello as I've taken the plunge, after a great deal of deliberation and as of yesterday placed an order for an Yeti 1.2 tsi Outdoor Elegance DSG in Cappuccinno. Outline delivery has been given as 18 weeks, so like the majority of you guys, it's a heck of a long wait, but I suppose it will be Spring by then (middle of April ) and a 14 plate. Still a bit, no a lot of confusion, over colours. Dealer told me Metal Grey Metallic not available, also Shark Blue discontinued even though there was a FL Yeti in that colour out back waiting to be prepped for collection by one lucky customer
HI Judge3151
Welcome to what I have found to be both a friendly and very helpful forum.
Like you I have taken about 10 months reading a lot of car mags and industry reports before ordering my YETI(see below!) If you have any questions just ask these knowledgable folk from around the world.
Also if you get cheesed off waiting we can all lift our spirits together!
Like you I just can't wait for mid/late March for mine!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have had my Yeti for just over a month and as you can see from the signature it is also a 1.2 TSI though mine is a dsg.I believe mine was one of last "classic's" produced but I did get Shark Blue without any problem. Before this I had an Octavia 1.9 diesel dsg which averaged mpg of over 50. My Yeti has only 800 miles on the clock and at the moment is only averaging around 38 mpg. I hope as others have said this will improve with a few more miles on the clock. I would hope to at least get into the mid 40's but time will tell.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi
Reading the multitude of sites, mags and forums, it's apparent that the 1.2 offers good fuel consumption and could achieve a figure in the 40's, although comments have been that fuel economy drops when pushing along at motorway speeds, but I guess there has to be a slight downside with a 1.2 pushing along quite a large vehicle at those speeds. I was pleasantly surprised when I road tested the car in the configuration I have chosen as to the fairly lively performance. I did doubt it beforehand especially as my current motorcycle engine is near the same c.c.
Thank you all for the welcome and comments. Keep them coming as we all wait expectantly.
It's almost emotional, like an expectant father! Is a Yeti Outdoor a boy Yeti and the Urban a girl? Sorry I'm rambling. Comes with age!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Welcome. I'm sure you will enjoy your Yeti. For its size the 1.2 gives a lot and is a pretty remarkable motor.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Judge and welcome from yeti another newbie

I too have ordered a 1.2s

and expected delivery mid to late March

Had a lot of confusion with prices when ordering

was quoted the old prices at first!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Judge3151 said:
Hi
Reading the multitude of sites, mags and forums, it's apparent that the 1.2 offers good fuel consumption and could achieve a figure in the 40's, although comments have been that fuel economy drops when pushing along at motorway speeds, but I guess there has to be a slight downside with a 1.2 pushing along quite a large vehicle at those speeds.
I have a 1.2 and whilst it is a more than capable engine, mpg does suffer. I am averaging around 37mpg and do a mix of motorway and local roads. On a long motorway journey it often gets into the low 40's but don't expect anywhere near what the diesel-heads get...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Judge and welcome to the Forum which you will find is a font of knowledge

·
Registered
211 Posts
Prior to buying my Urban with its diesel engine, I had the pleasure of using 1.2 TSI Yetis on two separate occasions as courtesy cars from my dealer. Both had mileages in the 3-600 mile range, but to my amazement, both achieved high 30's for petrol consumption over my day's tenure in each case.It was on the strength of this that I started my quest for a Yeti, looking for a 1.2 Urban, as my chosen model, but snapped up the dealer's demonstrator with its diesel engine as I could not source a 1.2 Urban at the time as the models were all sold out, apparently.
I've no regrets with the diesel, and at least I got to own the car that we wanted.

·
Registered
55 Posts
HelloYes, fuel consumption on my 1.2 dsg is an average of 40ish. But don't forget diesel is 5% dearer than petrol and the engine is a beauty. So quiet and yet floor the accelerator and you are off like a rocket!
I sometimes feel the fuel consumption computer has taken the fun out of motoring. After all you just used to drive a car and when it was empty fill it up! With most sixties cars you did about 30mpg and that seemed fine!
So enjoy and b------r the computer!
John/

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
johntech said:
HelloYes, fuel consumption on my 1.2 dsg is an average of 40ish.  But don't forget diesel is 5% dearer than petrol and the engine is a beauty.  So quiet and yet floor the accelerator and you are off like a rocket! 
I sometimes feel the fuel consumption computer has taken the fun out of motoring.  After all you just used to drive a car and when it was empty fill it up!  With most sixties cars you did about 30mpg and that seemed fine!
So enjoy and b------r the computer!
John/
Agreed

·
Registered
70 Posts
MMM!!! Yes my memory of 70's. Three squid! = 3 gallons of juice, a round of 2 1/2 pints (mine was the half as dominated driver) and just enough for a sausage and small chips. God those were the days.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts