Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just wanted to say hello, and introduce myself.
I've just bought a yeti se 2.0tdi 110 in candy white form skoda jewson in Oxford. I'm picking it up next Monday and really looking forward to the drive home to Bristol already

The guys at jewsons Oxford were really nice and helpful with no pressure sale or anything like that, so I'd like to give them a thumbs up

anyway I'm sure I'll be on here a bit asking the odd question.
Cheers
Nibs

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum, my in laws used to live just round the corner from Jewsons, on the southernbypass. Have good journey back to Bristol, is that going to be the A34 to the M4 or something more scenic? After a nice drive around the Cotswolds you could retire to an armchair for a cup of tea and a Yeti tradition, reading the handbook. When you do read it bear in mind that it mentions every available accessory so there will be lots mantioned that you can't find.One thing you may be stumped by, is trying to work out how to display MPH rather than KPH on the maxidot. In this country you have to be capable of displaying MPH and KPH (although not all the time)
so technically you cannot change it. There is a way though, by making the car "australian" by tweaking the management system, the dealers cannot do this but someone with computer software called VCDS and the right lead can. This is normally arranged through a forum such as this, and rewarding the individual with some "beer tokens". Once again welcome tothe forum and congratulations on your choice of car.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
JEWSONS thought they were builders merchants
Sorry couldn't resist it. Hi and welcome to the yeti owners club and the forum.

Any time you need help just post it on here and if we can help we will, thereare a few members who have a great wealth of knowledge on this forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the nice welcome and the advice, I'm sure I'll be checking the forum out once I've picked the car up.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi and welcome to the club, the more the merrier and bigger the pool of knowledge. You will love your new car!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just joined the club. Picking up my new "Urban" in candy white next week (2.0 CDI), from Jardine Motors in Milton Keynes. As I am a bit of a paranormal freak (Aliens/UFOs/Yetis etc), I treated myself to the registration"ET 12 UFO" - thought it would look good on the YETI. Only went in the dealers to have a look at a Roomster. Salesman gave me a Yeti brochure and after studying at home that night, saw the Urban and that was it - love at first sight. Went over the next morning at 8.30 to order a white petrol, expecting the usual 4 month wait, but according to the on-line ordering system the only white one still available was a diesel. The good news was that it was already on it's way to UK on the boat, so only a 2 week wait. I am an absolute car freak, and although I have just turned 60 this will be my 100th vehicle since I was 17 (not rich just stupid I guess!). Just a heads up for you other Yeti owners - I have ordered a few bits and bobs direct from the Czech Republic where they are into Yetis in a big way, so you may want to check outhttp://www.superskoda.com/As I used to be into car customising in my younger days, I came across this bad boy Yeti -http://www.superskoda.com/images/Plasty/yet-frdif2.jpg
Might get my bonnet done in a vinyl carbon wrap (cost about £150 and easily removed at sale time), but the 22" alloys and lowered suspension are best left to "younger" Yeti owners - although I am very tempted but wife would divorce me. Anyway, look forward to seeing some more Yeti owners on the road as I have only ever seen one, and I think mine will be the first in my local town (Leighton Buzzard in Beds).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi ET12UFO and welcome, I think the urban looks great. You'll have post some pics when you get it, and loving the reg plate by the way.
I've already checked out superskoda.com. What bits and bobs have you ordered?
I don't really like the look the 22" wheel give to the car, but that's just my opinion and if everyone was the same the world would be a boring place

I'd also be careful about putting a wrap on, I've heard stories from other people that have done it (not on skodas though). When they removed the wrap it took off some of the lacquer too.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum, you went in to buy a Roomster and bought a Yeti, I like your style, and your number plate is brilliant (did the management find out how much it cost you?)You will not regret your change of mind a Yeti will make you smile when you drive it!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi.. ET12UFO

Welcome to the forum, I have a bright silver urban 2.0 Tdi... The only one I've ever seen in the flesh (so to speak) will post some photos of Betty on the site soon... Love the plate... enjoy the urban...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for all the welcomes from fellow Yeti owners (has anyone thought of starting a Yeti owners Face-Book account?). Answers to your various questions. Plate cost me £405 from DVLA and the lovely wife never asks me anything when it comes to cars - she knows better! Bits from Supaskoda: Alloy gear shift surround, and chrome surround for a/c controls and facia panel. Thanks for the heads up on the bonnet wrap, might go for a black bonnet bra instead. Good news yesterday, dealer rang me to say car at their compound (much earlier than expected), so rushing around today to sort paperwork out with the dealer so I can (hopefully) pick up at weekend. Going to a UFO conference in Cambridge next Tuesday, so would be nice to park the Yeti with the plate outside the venue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts