Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to say hello to the forum and let you know I've just taken my first steps into the world of skoda and ordered a yeti urban diesel in black magic pearl and a citigo 75 ps in white , getting the urban 8/8 and the citigo in sept can't wait

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi and welcome, I have the 1104x4 in black and find it a perfect for day to day driving, its giving me around 47mpg average.

I like the look of the wheels on the urban and the other little bit of bling they have put on it shame they have not added 4x4 to it could be tempted to change it for one then (her in doors would go mad already on the second yeti in 2.5 years)

Enjoy it when it arrives and any help you need just ask away here.
Edited by: wakev

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi wakev any chance of any pictures I've bought my urban without actually seeing one in black .?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hi Blademan, I came across this video on You-Tube and whilst it's not an Urban, it looks 99% the same as an Urban (minus the wing mirror covers). It has the Mattahorns, the silver roof bar, silver side mouldings and is in black...

(p.s. it's in Polish)

Regards,

Stephen

Edited by: discosteve

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Blademan said:
Hi wakev any chance of any pictures I've bought my urban without actually seeing one in black .?

no problem

my old 1.2 and new 1104x4

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Discosteve thanks for this , it looks smart with the black wheels , cant wait to get it .Edited by: Blademan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wakev your car looks really shiny have you had it paint protected in anything ?Edited by: Blademan

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
yours will have the added bling which will stand out well against the black
, after a few washes and waxing put a paint sealer on it and it will have a good deep shine, all the best with your yeti when you get it and we are here if youneed to know anything (probably faster than trying to findthings in theowners manual
)

the 59 1.2 i put paint sealer on myself and used a black colour polish.
the 11 plate has lifeshine on it.
Edited by: wakev

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi wakev had my black landcruiser done with the G3 ceramic it makes the black finish look brilliant thinking of having my urban done in the same protection , will post some pictures vwhen it's done , can't wait just counting down the days .

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hi Blademan, just picked up my Urban in black today so you can see what one looks like...

I've posted a couple of others under the Newbies section. I hope you like it!

Stephen

·
Registered
788 Posts
Couldn't agree more! I've never had a black car before, usually silver, but I think the Urban looks great in black with the silver roof bars and side stripes.

I've had mine a fortnight now and it definitely needs a wash this weekend!! Hopefully it'll be sparkling then

·
Administrator
14,178 Posts
I had a test drive in a black Yeti, it looked like it had been dragged through a hedge backwards. After the test drive the salesman thought I might like to buy it and was suprised when I said no thanks it looks too much trouble to keep looking clean. As we were leaving they started to wash it!! How to loose a sale in one easy go. That said when they are as clean as Wakev's they look very smart indeed, if the car at Hughes Skoda had looked like that I would have been very tempted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Black urban myself , get's a regular hose down and a soapy wash once a week. I really don't mind getting rid of the dust and dirt and keeping the motor looking good,I didn't do the same with the last motor and started to use it as a load lugger and let it go a bit, when it did come round to cleaning, it took a full day, Cause i keep on top of the Yeti i can do the full motor in under an hour.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Not washed mine for 3 weeks and it still looks fairly clean and it been raining, but I did polish and apply a good layer of autoglim extra gloss protection, water and crap just run off it now

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm a bit confused by this concept of washing - isn't this what the rain is for?

Finally received my Black 170 4x4 Excellence in January - no soap and it still looks great. The mud reflects the fact that it ventures from the urban environment. Give me a wave if you see a muddy Yeti in Scotland sporting a sea kayak on the roof. Absolutely love the car, but do not trust the on-board consumption figures - they are about 10% too generous.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts