Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Just joined the yeti club I am thinkingof purchasing a se model in black, I would welcome any feed back good or bad. many thanks scouserchris.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome scouserchris,

I have a black Urban and love it!! Personally I think it's the best colour but everyone else will think that theirs is best!
Only trouble I find is that it's a bugger to keep clean and shiny...

Regards,

Stephen

·
Administrator
13,102 Posts
When they are clean the black Yeti's look really good (when they are clean) Wakev posted some really nice pics of his looking very shiney indeed. If you look through his post you should be able to find them

·
Registered
267 Posts
As Mr Hood say's,look smashing in black when clean but a b!!!!y nightmare to keep it that way.I had a black Triumph tr4a years ago and swore never to have a black car again,spent more time dusting it than driving it.Geeze,i'm still like that come to think of it.I really am a sad old fart.lol

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi scouserchris, and welcome. Mines a Brunello Rosso, sort of maroon according to the log book. It also needs to be clean to look good. My last car was silver and managed to always look presentable without too much cleaning. But I do think that the darker colours give the car more 'presence'

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, after 12 weeks wait Iam now a v.pleased owner of an SEplus DSG 1.2 in White with black roof. It goes like I wanted it too, it's a smooth ride and a good looking one at that! Cannot fault my choice and am so glad I didn't go with the lemmings choice of car, Nissan cashcow! No regrets ˜

·
Registered
471 Posts
Congratulations to Stumc and Sasquatch and welcome to the YETI fraternity.If this forum is anything to go by they are a helpful & friendly bunch.
Interesting that you have both gone for a SE+ a great spec, that I was after but now find no longer appears to be available on the new F/L YETI price list. Wonder if Skoda has missed a trick here but will wait to see actual model spec first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As it happens I was looking for a 1.2 S, but the SE+ diesel came up s/hand on a 13 plate at a good price so I swooped. None of that waiting that most on this site suffer!
According to the dealer thereonly new onesnow around in UK are the Adventure (and only 20 of them) and no more orders for the bug-eyed model being taken. Orders of the new model supposedly open in December and first deliveries expected March 2014. Hence my decision to go s/hand.

·
Registered
471 Posts
stumc that sounds like real good timing to me& a saving over new prices. Which engine out put has your new baby got? I just love the black too but live in an area of loads of muddy narrow roads so can't go for it unfortunately.
I have just got to hope that your dealer info is wrong, as I would like to order my YETI before December is humanly possible. You will have seen that I posted info on new YETI F/L prices yesterday, so was hoping that the spec sheet and opened order books would follow soon. Skoda won't want to have the production lines down for too long, just depends on how may outstanding orders there are I suppose.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi, thanks for all your replies and welcomes I don't think I will go for black I will go and have a good look at the skoda garage then decide.many thanks chris.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi has anyone had any trouble with there yeti I am thinking of getting the 2 litre diesel 2 wheel drive se model.thanks chris

·
Registered
786 Posts
scouserchris said:
hi, thanks for all your replies and welcomes I don't think I will go for black I will go and have a good look at the skoda garage then decide.many thanks chris.

One thing I would say is that not all cars suit the same colour. So where a Fabia might look great in Silver, it may not suit a Yeti (although I'm sure it does!
). Just something to think about. You really need to see a Yeti in the colour you are thinking of...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi Scouserchris,I have a 2.0 tdi SE 2 wheel drive (110) and absolutely love it, so I can highly recommend this model.
I agree with discosteve - you do really need to see a car to judge whether you like the particular colour.
I liked steel grey but still looked at a few other colours before deciding.
White looks pretty cool also I think (but is maybe a fashionable colour right now).
Good luck in your search for an excellent car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i'm Pete just joined have had 1.2dsg elegance for 7months and overall a great car .Whilst on holiday in Ireland in the mountains coming down on overrun had horrible burning smell this happened 3or4 times but not happened since .I took it to my local dealer who checked it out but were unable to find anything has anyone else suffered this problem and if so what caused it ?.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jooks, the SE+ has the 110 TDi engine, so far seems spritely enough for me. Only had her just over week but so far loving the experience. Looked at silver but the black just looks classier.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can only think that it may have been the first time the gearbox/clutch thingy may have got that hot and so therefore let of a smell. Just a thought what with the style of terrain you had encountered.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts