Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Yorkshire. I'm 72 on Wednesday and my husband, Michael, and I and our two Yellow Labradors are looking forward to our new Yeti which will be available in early March. Don't ask me what all the technical details are - I'm a woman - I know it's got 4 wheels, it's a petrol engine (simply because we don't do an awful lot of mileage) and a 1.2 engine with turbo-boost. We are also havinga false floor (whatever that might mean) - think it's something to do with the spare wheel. I chose the colour Moon White and together we went for a black leather interior. I left the spec to Michael because he knows more about it than I do.

Although we shall be sad to say goodbye to our thoroughly reliable and decent workhorse for the past 7 years, a black Vauxhall Zafira which, apart from the turning circle which is non existent, we have enjoyed, we are really excited (well, as much as you can get at 72 and 66) about Hetty's arrival.

Now we are in the process of ordering a Dog Transit Box to fit, because the safe transportation of our beautiful companions is paramount.

So, I'm looking forward to reading about and getting more knowledgeable about the Yeti and the sort of people who drive/own them. My friend in Lincolnshire and her husband have also ordered a Yeti but they have opted for the diesel version.

Lablover and vatman

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi and welcome from a fellow Yorkshire snow monster admirer

Edited by: Andy831

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
What a great introductory post! Welcome to the forum lablover and vatman. For a "low mileage" vehicle you have made a great choice. If you have any questions just ask away.
...and all the best for Wednesday's celebrations.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for your welcome comments and for the congrats for Wednesday ... sadly we have a hospital appointment as Michael has, yet again, some, hopefully, benign cysts on both lower eyelids.

However, what we are getting is Elegance 1.2TSI 105PS with heated front seats and the fold-back mirrors. These are going to be of great use as our driveway is narrow to say the least and our Zafira used to bear the scars of some close encounters!

Regarding the heated seats, I did read of someone who turned them on by mistake and he was in Africa so he was really in the Hot Seat ... said he couldn't understand why his 'rear was on fire'!! Makes you smile, doesn't it?

Lablover and Vatman

·
Registered
162 Posts
A very warm welcome to the forum.Definately one of the best intro's I have read (not been here that long tho')
Sounds like you have chosen an excellent model & I'm sure you'll love it when it arrives.
Heated seats are a must in a car, especially at this time of year. Had to chuckle about the person in Africa.
Happy birthday for Wednesday too.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you GF, and whilst we are looking forward to the arrival of the Yeti we, as with all new vehicles, will probably be on tenterhooks the first few times we take it out or have to leave it parked somewhere! Be glad when it's a few months old and we're used to it. I'm just hoping that himself will keep it nice and sparkling clean - which he has promised to do on all the cars that we have owned - but failed. I don't mind if he takes it to the hand car wash guys, just keep the bloomin' thing looking good.

What's with all this off-roading. The only time I get near to it, is when some stupid oncoming driver won't give way when the obstruction is on their side - don't you just hate that?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome lablover. You will love the characters on here. Most have amazing knowledge of the Yeti, they are not bad on cars either!

Hope you enjoy your new addition. I am awaiting mine, supposed to be arriving early March. My wife has one too, but sadly I am not allowed near it, so I've decided to buy my own!

If you are not sure of anything relating to your car, there is a mind of information on here, just ask.

I know what you mean about driving a new car. I find it scary, but after a few weeks the worry disappears.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, Graham, for your welcome. I'm having a good laugh at many of the posts from way back, so its evident that Yeti owners have a good sense of humour as well as being knowledgeable aboutthe car itself.It's comforting to us both that there is this forum wherewe can, if necessary, bring any concerns to a wider audience and have a laugh at the same time!

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
Hi Lablover and welcome to the forum, I am sure you will love your Yeti when it arrives. One of our members (Rolyomo) has a theory that the bulk of Yeti owners have dogs and a beard, you obviously have dogs, does your husband have a beard?

·
Registered
471 Posts
lablover said:
We are also havinga false floor (whatever that might mean) - think it's something to do with the spare wheel.

Lablover and vatman
Another big welcome to the site Lablover & many congratulations on your birthday & the best of luck with your other half - I am sure that it will be a happy outcome.

Now to explain about the false floor - other YOC members have had this feature - your dealer must be in "Bedrock" & you have ordered the Fred Flintstone version! For the sake of economy, the floor flips up & your legs dangle down & you run like mad! Just what you were thinking I bet?!

Don't worry other posts will be considerably more helpful!

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
Welcome lablover. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the 1.2 tsi as despite being only small capacity it is more than capable of getting you along in traffic and motorways at the legal limits. Fuel economy is improved by a more gentle right foot and cruising at 60 - 65 rather than 70+ but as the Yeti is a comfortable car being in it for those extra moments on a journey is no hardship.

Happy Birthday for Wednesday and hope that the hospital appointment proves to be nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The Hood said:
One of our members (Rolyomo) has a theory

Gonna take me a while to come up with a funny reposte to that one - feel free to jump in anyone.

Oh yes - and a very big welcome to this excellent Forum Lablover. Some of the posts do have tendency to drift off topic at times (usually Jooks fault) but stay interesting nonetheless.

Edited by: Rolymo

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hood....I have two dogs, both Jack Russell crosses. I have recently purchased a dog cage as one of them

kept licking the back window, covering it in slobber. Probably didn't look great to following traffic either. Can't possibly have that going on in the new Yeti!

On the subject of beards, I don't have one but if it is a requirement of the owners club, I will do my best to grow one and rolyomo can judge it, albeit slightly ginger with large amounts of grey!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sorry Rolymo, I took your spelling from Hood's last entry.....his fault!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Graham said:
I will do my best to grow one and rolymo can judge it, albeit slightly ginger with large amounts of grey!

Steel Grey only is acceptable . . . . . .

Edited by: Rolymo

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Welcome to the mad house, don't worry about the Hoods spelling someone keeps moving the keys on his keyboard around, think it the wife trying to keep him off this forum.

You will love the 1.2
, had that engine in my first Yeti very nippy.

As said already anything you need to know just post it up here and someone will point you in the right direction, have a Happy Birthday on wednesday, and hope it's all good news.

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
JOOKS said:
lablover said:
We are also havinga false floor (whatever that might mean) - think it's something to do with the spare wheel. Lablover and vatman
Now to explain about the false floor - other YOC members have had this feature - your dealer must be in "Bedrock" & you have ordered the Fred Flintstone version! For the sake of economy, the floor flips up & your legs dangle down & you run like mad! Just what you were thinking I bet?!

Don't worry other posts will be considerably more helpful!

I am sure you have ordered the "deluxe" version. The spare wheel sits on the boot floor and is surrounded by shaped storage boxes to level the area around thespare, then a false floor is fitted over the wheel and boxes. It sits just below the level of the boot lip.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Welcome lab lover and batman from Oz. Happy birthday for tomorrow, good luck at the hospital and hope you enjoy the forum!

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
suzz said:
Welcome lab lover and batman from Oz. Happy birthday for tomorrow, good luck at the hospital and hope you enjoy the forum!

Ha Ha!

What with me renaming Rolymo to Rolyomo, you have renamed Vatman to Batman. With neither of us having beards or dogs I hope we don't get in touble

If I catch whoever keeps moving the keys around

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Well I THOUGHT I wrote Vatman!

Gosh maybe I need to let my beard grow out ....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts