Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got her home on Friday

Woke up to a rather frosty start of -3 Deg C on Saturday morning.
Turned out a nice day though and I clocked about 100 miles of mixed driving.

Impressed with the mpgs and the heated seats were a treat in the cold morning.

Happy with my new Wagon.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Look's lovely.You now need to fit all the polished stainless bit's n bobs cos they will really set it all off.Enjoy your new companion.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No heated windscreen, Hood.

Didn't know they were an option but in the 2nd hand market I'd have possibly struggled to tick every box I wanted.

Not sure on the polished bits.

I was actually contemplating going the other way and having the grill wrapped matt black.

Has anyone done that?

Pics?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Seen one but reckon the best route would be to replace with a black grill and surround(debadged).Looks good and would surely be a better long term proposition.Have a look at superskoda,they do loads o bits and good prices too.Delivery has always been spot on,in fact,brilliant service all round.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I normally lean towards the chrome/bling on cars but I must say that with the black paintwork it looks like a smart option.I have been tempted with this idea of total wrapping on my other car. I recon that a chrome effect on my SLK would be a total head turner! Yes I know a bit of a Marmite idea. May be in a year or so, when Yeti ishas beenpaid down a bit & insurance etc are OK with it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Bwan.
It certainly was cosey by the time I'd warmed her up, defrosted and scraped the windows.

However, the base of the drivers seat does not heat up!

The back part does and both parts work on the Pax seat.

Back to the dealer I guess.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Picked myself up a bargain set of wheels and winter grips.
Too cheap to turn down.

NO idea what they are going to look like once fitted.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A few bits of news.

Got my towbar fitted by Mototech ( http://www.mototechbns.co.uk/) as recommended by the dealer.

Removable type, proper wiring harness, software re-program and 21 to 7 pin adapter.

Was about £470 all in.

Stuck my winter grips on. They look a bit "moon buggy" but work a treat.

Was at a Dinner/Dance in Pitlochry at the weekend so went over Glenshee.

Yeti was filthy when I got home.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Lovely pix of the Yeti in the snow Nez

Those wheels look awful on a Golf (I think that's what they're off isn't it?), but really suit your Yeti.

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
The Hood said:
What you need now is a tyre tree to store your spare sets of wheels/tyres, this is the one that I got, and the price seems to have gone down!

http://www2.westfalia.net/shops/car_accessoires/tyres/storing_tyres/store_tyres_properly/51719-wheel_rim_tree_for_all_car_wheels_keep_basement_and_garage_tidy.htm
Should have listened to Hoodie - I got mine from Amazon and paid twice the price. Nevertheless, it keeps them tidy although 225 tyres are a close fit.
Shanco

1 - 20 of 31 Posts