Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iffy weather so I’m sat on the sofa thinking about groups or soloists with ugly features and/or personalities whilst still producing some good music. So in no particular order: all of The Stones after Brian Jones died, the Gallagher brothers, Ringo and Lennon, Lionel Richie, Tina Turner, all the Bee Gees, A Lloyd-Webber, Desmond Dekker, Spice Girls, Banamarama, Chrissy Hynde, Cher, J-Lo, Miss Piggy, Willie Nelson and Police. There are many more, but it’s time for a bike ride.

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s an e-bike.

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Yetigreen. Going out for an hour on my e-bike prevents me from going cabin crazy. In this current lock-down crisis, luvvies from any profession are irrelevant, so perhaps the ugly personalities will disappear.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I agree with the going crazy locked up inside.
We have a garden we walk round, & man cave garage with man tools But I cant get out to ride me bike.
That's the worst bit of all this.

·
Registered
108 Posts
just SORNed my VFR750 today as it is parked in the in laws 'games room' as we had a new kitchen delivered in January and a lot of it went in the garage before the fitters arrived to do their fitting, cannot go and get it now, bummer!, ordered some new 'ghost' armour for my biking jeans today but no idea when I will be able to go out on it, we have a great road towards Bourne very near us and hear lots of bikes 'giving it some' which my wife and I really do not mind at all, the wife often asks 'is thats an R1,Ducati or Aprillia' whenever something distinctive goes past

·
Premium Member
4,929 Posts
... wrong thread really. Moved post.

·
Premium Member
5,362 Posts
we have a great road towards Bourne very near us and hear lots of bikes 'giving it some'
Lots of very good biking roads in Lincolnshire especially over the Wolds, my favourite twisty bit there has no speed limits, a pretty little place called Cadwell Park 👍

·
Registered
168 Posts
Fond memories of Caldwell Park in my misspent youth. First time I went there, think it was a Vincent Owners Club meet. They ran a relay race. You raced in pairs with only one on the track at the time. After a fixed number of laps you pulled into a small lay-by and a runner would take a marked elastic band off your wrist and put it onto your mate’s wrist and he would then set off. Absolutely brilliant, best fun ever!

·
Premium Member
5,362 Posts
Spent 5 days there on track with the Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership at Performance Plus days
Love it there as it's a technical track without too many straights that 430kg of Harley struggles with but the nimbleness of 430kg round the tricky bits if fantastic.
My avatar is rounding the Hairpin and below is coming out of Barn.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well Urrell, I’m impressed. The bike I took round Cadwell weighed 305lbs (138kg). You must have felt like you had a good session in the gym after hauling that amount of weight through the bends and the ups and downs.

·
Registered
167 Posts
OK, quiz time...

Who knows these two local ferries I visited on my fun tiddler (before the lockdown)?

It's to explain to the bikes in the garage that they have to stay put when we have this beautiful weather and quiet roads!

Spag

1 - 16 of 16 Posts