Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered my Greenline Yeti I discovered that no spare wheel was supplied, and that one cannot be supplied for a Greenline even though they are available for other models. Does anyone know why this is...is there some structural difference in the Greenline that means there is no room for a spare, or is it merely to keep the weight down so that the fuel economy figures are achievable? Seems all a bit odd to me.

Edited by: slartibartfast

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
I thought you could have a sun roof or spare wheel but not both, you do not mention having a sunroof so ether things have changed or I got that one wrong. It's down to saving weight, lower weight equals less fuel burn and less emmisions, theorecticallyalong with lower road tax. You can get a spare wheel and accesories after you have bough the car but it works out more expensive. If your dealer doesn't want to sell you one, you can get them from eBAY or the likes of skodaparts.com, the wheel/tyre and floor storage boxes etc are normally listed as two items rather than one package.The tyre I got is an H rated195/60/16 on an Audisteel wheelrather than a skinnybiscuit like other makes. There is still a speed restriction though as it is adifferent sizeto the others fitted.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, you can't have either. In the latest brochure, under Factory Fitted Optional Equipment, the following items are marked as "not available on Greenline II" : "Panoramic sun roof", "Variable boot floor (not compatible with spare wheel)", "Temporary space-saver spare wheel (16") with jack, false boot floor and net programme", "12 speaker sound system", "Folding tables on rear of front seats", "Heated windscreen", and, of course 17" Alloy wheels (since the Greenline has 16" wheels as standard).

·
Registered
25 Posts
You are right!Also my Greenline couldnt have all these equipment that you mentioned above!
And all that because of the weight!! Greenline weights aproximately 1330 kg! And they have calculate 119gr/cm3 emissions! for 107 euro taxes in Greece! If the had all these equipment that you mentioned the weight and so the emissions would be more than 119!

You forgot the towbar!!!!

But you have a boot space of 510 liters instead of 405 or 415!

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
slartibartfast said:
No, you can't have either. In the latest brochure, under Factory Fitted Optional Equipment, the following items are marked as "not available on Greenline II" : "Panoramic sun roof", "Variable boot floor (not compatible with spare wheel)", "Temporary space-saver spare wheel (16") with jack, false boot floor and net programme", "12 speaker sound system", "Folding tables on rear of front seats", "Heated windscreen", and, of course 17" Alloy wheels (since the Greenline has 16" wheels as standard).
The list seems to have got longer, in the 2011 brochure you could have the sunroof on a greenline. But in the same brochure the greenline was only1gm of CO2 below its VED band limit, maybe although cutting a hole in the roof reduces the weight, the addition of the sunroof was just too much. Also a heated screen would draw quite a lot of power increasing the load on the alternator which would increase the load on the engine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As I have a full set of 16" summer tyres from my 2012 Octavia sitting in my garage waiting for the weather to improve, I was keen to get the same size wheels on my new Yeti. That's part of the reason I ordered a Greenline SE, which will be delivered in March. I'm also planning to hang on to my 16" spacesaver spare plus wheelchange kit, even though I know it won't tuck away under the boot floor in the new car. Does anyone foresee any problem with this?

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
With the new car apart from the loss of some boot space I can't think of anything, with the old car if it is being sold on or exchanged will you be supplying a tin of gunk and a compressorfor the new owner?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for such a prompt reply. Yes, I've still got the Skoda-supplied emergency kit in its original box, so will pass that on with the Octavia. I know I could opt for the 'gunk' solution with the new Yeti, but just prefer to have a good old-fashioned spare available in case of emergency. As a friend of mine found out to his cost, the gunk solution is useless when your puncture is more than just a small nail-hole, or has resulted in damage to the wheel rim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts