Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been back to dealer twice. First time told loose heat shield and replaced. Day after same noise centre/ near side rear. After heavy rain for 2 days back again - nothing heard. Dealer could not hear anything but all moveable parts greased. Initially noise cured then started again. All contents removed from boot.

Noise intermittent occurs on level at times. slow cornering both right and left, over slight bumps but not over speed ramps or speed bumps. Due to go back again 2/01/20. Yeti done 38,000

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is it a knocking noise? Had this earlier this year; adjusted the bump stops on the boot lid so they were equal and the noise went away.

·
Administrator
14,193 Posts
Hi John B welcome to the forum.

Are either of the rear springs broken? I had a broken rear spring which was difficult to spot as the broken end wedged itself, even measuring the vehicle height and wheel arch clearance did not show it up. The car needs to be up it the air with the weight off the suspension to see it.

·
Premium Member
5,066 Posts
It would be useful if the OP stated what the noise was. At the moment it is too vague to answer

Reactions: Flintstone

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
The "noise at the rear" i had was the anti roll bar link!!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi, my odd noise was the air circ' escape valves, as highlighted by one of our members, turned the fan speed down/off noise went, magic

·
Registered
490 Posts
Very loud noise from the back of mine, turned out to be 2 ladies full of prosecco. Teacher's Christmas party happening on my night off, lucky me.
Noise from the front meant new bushes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went back to dealer today on driving their heard nothing. Car spent 5 hours are rear parts re tightened. drove home noise heard again. Have spoken with local independent garage who serviced and repaired my previous vechicles for 12 years. he going to have a lokk but thinks it anti roll bar. Should be interesting. To be positive at least I have had no charges from Skoda dealer but then it did come with 2 years mechanical and electrical breakdown warranty

Agreed with technician and service manager to continue to drive till this intermittent knock becomes more regular then they my be able to find problem.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Went back to dealer today on driving their heard nothing. Car spent 5 hours are rear parts re tightened. drove home noise heard again. Have spoken with local independent garage who serviced and repaired my previous vechicles for 12 years. he going to have a lokk but thinks it anti roll bar. Should be interesting. To be positive at least I have had no charges from Skoda dealer but then it did come with 2 years mechanical and electrical breakdown warranty

Agreed with technician and service manager to continue to drive till this intermittent knock becomes more regular then they my be able to find problem.

Note post 6

I was convinced the problem was from the back. i know my hearing is not 100%, i tried parcel shelf, rear hatch, rear shocker covers, and the mot guy pointed out the offending bush on the mot test.

·
Premium Member
5,426 Posts
Noises often do “travel”. Quite often appear to the ear to be coming from an area very different from where they really originate. Partly what makes them so difficult to diagnose accurately.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Noises often do “travel”. Quite often appear to the ear to be coming from an area very different from where they really originate. Partly what makes them so difficult to diagnose accurately.
A bit like water running out from one place, in a house, and surfaces somewhere else!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a similar experience.

After numerous theories from a main dealer and two independents (both of which are excellent). I Instructed my local independent to replace rear roll bars, bushes, shock absorbers he suggested top mounts and pretty much everything at the back was done. It felt wobbly anyway.

The noise persisted and eventually I narrowed it down to the boot catch which I adjusted with the boot bump stops.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'd definitely start with the boot lid, it can be a right pain if it isn't level and the bump stops aren't doing their job. I've had this issue in 2 previous cars, tried bushes etc, etc, etc then sorted the boot and the noise went.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Been back to dealer twice. First time told loose heat shield and replaced. Day after same noise centre/ near side rear. After heavy rain for 2 days back again - nothing heard. Dealer could not hear anything but all moveable parts greased. Initially noise cured then started again. All contents removed from boot.

Noise intermittent occurs on level at times. slow cornering both right and left, over slight bumps but not over speed ramps or speed bumps. Due to go back again 2/01/20. Yeti done 38,000
I think I had exactly the same problem with my 15 plate Yeti. It drove me nuts for months as I couldn't figure it out. In the end I ascertained it was the tailgate knocking. I took it into Skoda who adjusted the "bump stops"(?) which stopped the noise for a while but it came back again which was really annoying.
I then found out online that a Skoda owner (not a Yeti owner as I recall) had a similar problem and ascertained that there was a manufacturing error with Skoda fitting the wrong part originally. I don't know the proper name for it but it's the fitting just above the centre of the bumper which the tailgate mechanism/catch latches onto when you shut it. It is a post/cylindrical type thing and apparently Skoda fitted the wrong one - too thin a one so the tailgate "catch" doesn't grab it snugly and hence rattles around.
I guess the best fix is to replace this part with the proper size but I just carefully wrapped a piece of electrical tape around this post a couple of times to slightly expand the width of the post - it hasn't rattled at all since!!
Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts