Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else noticed how the roof grab handles are not "damped" like in most if not all other VAG group vehicles?........even my VW Transprter van had them. Strange then, that Skoda decided to omit them from the Yeti - at least in my SE based Urban.

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Err....no.

Does it matter?

Let's be honest, if it goes down to this level of nit-picking to find faults with a Yeti, then all it really proves is that the Yeti is a bloody fine car!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not nit picking just asking. Seems a bit daft that the Skoda can go to the trouble/expense of putting a loop behind the front seat belts to stop them knocking against the B pillar, but cannot standardise the damped handles across the VAG range. Does not bother me in the slightest though. However, would be a bit miffed if they were not standard on the Elegance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yep, I noticed this as well, my 2012 Elegance doesn't have them either.
I suppose that Skoda have to cut some of the VW costs somewhere?

Edited by: Dubster

·
Registered
102 Posts
Think this says it all and explains the rationale of omission (Quote from an Autocar test) -

"The top of the dash is swathed in soft-touch 'slush' plastics, the fabrics are good and some of the attention to detail is terrific. The door bins, for example, are moulded to hold a one-litre drink bottle and the chrome door handles are rubber-backed to enhance their tactile appeal. Given these pleasing trinkets, it's a surprise to note that the grab handles aren't damped, VW-style. Skoda's official line is that their customers don't care, but it's impossible not to conclude that the snap-shut handles are a sop to the company's German masters"

·
Administrator
14,209 Posts
I hadn't noticed, the ones on my last car (Mazda) did not even fold. I suppose the magazine had to find a minus point to try and balance any praise given. Quite reassuring that they could only find something as petty as a non damped grab handle.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I never use them but was just surprised that they are not damped.

Again, it appears that some members have to post "sarcastic" replies as they normally do. All that does is make others (me included) respond in the same vain. I am beginning to think that some Yeti owners are nothing but trouble makers - they can dish it out but can't take it (no names, no pack-drill).

Edited by: TRUTHSEEKER

1 - 12 of 12 Posts