Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just thought I'd say hello. Ordering my Yeti Urban tomorrow and expect to have it delivered in the next 2-3 weeks. Tried a couple of local dealers but they only seem to want to sell me a pre-reg and aren't to keen on haggling so I'm getting it through Orangewheels.co.uk for £17099.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi and welcome, 2-3 weeks is not to long to wait my first and my current yeti took 6 months to arrive.

Enjoy the urban when it arrives and post up some photos

·
Administrator
13,457 Posts
I've not heard of orangewheels before, new sites seem to crop up by the day.
I used Skodastore.com as itis really a main dealer and I could check them out. I once considered BCAV but rejected them as I could not look at them on Google earth, which was just as well as they failed and cost quite a few people a lot of money.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found them through WhatCar? magazine website, they appear frequently in their "latest deals" page. The actaul dealership the car will be coming from is Listers Skoda in Coventry.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that it's ordered, expect delivery within three weeks. Really please with the service so far from both the brokers and the dealers, £17099 OTR with free delivery.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Try this main Skoda dealer - Urbans: choice of colours and immediate delivery as in stock. I know they are "pre-reg" but that will make no difference at trade in - £16835 (only diesels on offer though).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Seeker but for £264 extra I'll stick with the new one I've ordered. Not really in any rush as I'm getting married incouple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
New car new WIFE thats going to empty your pockets both ways

Hope you have a good day and the sun shines for you

Edited by: wakev

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hi CodHead, just picked up my Urban from Listers in Coventry today! I've got a black petrol model. So far the service from Listers has been 1st class. I'm not sure if you're collecting or getting it delivered. I went up to Coventry on the train today, about 40 mins on Virgin trains. I really wanted to meet my contact and check the car before parting with my hard earned cash! It was nice to get a hand over in the showroom rather than it arriving on a trailer but that's just my preference...

What colour did you go for? I've posted some photos up of mine.

Regards,

Stephen

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice one Steve, nice to get some intel on the dealers! I'm likely to be doing the same, it goes against my nature to just go handing over that amount of cash for something I've not even seen yet. I've gone for the Black Magic Pearl with the red sports seats.
How long was it from rdering to picking up? They've told me that mines sat at at Grimsby awaiting transport to the showroom. There's supposed to be a 2 day delay but I'm hoping they will get it to Coventry by next week.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I ordered the car on the 9th of May though the What Car? Target Price scheme. They say that if your local dealer won't match their 'Target Price' they'll find one that will - and they did! There was very little discount offered from the dealers.even though I tried my best and walked out of two!! I was going to go through Orangewheels too but they said they didn't think they would be able to meet my delivery date requirements...

It's build week was the 4th June (or so I was told) with expected delivery 3-4 weeks after that. It was in Grimsby (worried it would end up smelling of fish
) on 29th June and was en-route to the dealers 11th July and was ready from 17th July at Listers. I'm sure they all vary but it gives you an idea.

Is it Louise you are dealing with at Listers?

I'd be interested in seeing the red seats. Mine are black with white stitching.

One thing I like about the Yeti it that it's fairly utilitarian inside, lots of plastic and vinyl to make it easy to clean which is great with a 5 year old who climbs into his Dad's brand new car with his shoes covered in grass!!!

It's an amazing piece of kit, the hands-free phone is great, you just say "Call Home" and it dials the number. The radio and satnav are great too. Never used a satnav before so looking forward to using it this summer on our hols (will take a map though - just in case
)

There's loads of other features too, I think it'll be an age before I find them all...

Have fun when yours arrives and good luck with the wedding!!

·
Administrator
13,457 Posts
Mine was built in week one of 2012 and at the dealer on 13/01/12 but I think I may have been lucky.I like all the extra bits that stop and make you wonder what they are for, like the loopof belt webbing on the pax seat belt, it's to stop it rattling against the trim! Or the way the wipers move when you switch off to avoid getting distorted, or windows that close when it rains, or headlights that shine around corners with foglights switching on and off when you corner. I alsothink being able to cram all my albums on an SD card is brilliant no bulky CD's to store.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have to say the one thing that impresses me the most and I know that you have it (and I don't
) is the Park Assist. Do you use it much? Does it work?? I read about the wipers parking in a different position in another post - who thinks of these things?!? I do think that sometimes manufacturers don't know what to do next and dream up things like the cornering fog lights - what did we do before them? Still they are a nice to have and I suppose they are an additonal safety function.

I've got to convert my CD's to MP3 and load them on the SD card. I think my sons nursery rhymes will be first in the queue though
unless I tell him the Yeti can't play them

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Steve, you need to getting him listening to rock at an early age. My boy loves AC DC and pesters me like mad to play them in the car!

I'm think of getting my Yeti done with Lifeshine, has anyone had this done and is it worth doing?

·
Administrator
13,457 Posts
I've used the park assist a couple of times, it does work. You need to make sure the cars you are paking between are close to the kerb as the park assist aligns with them. I had it included for my wifes benifit but she refuses to drive the car until it gets it's first dent, heres hoping she never gets to drive it then.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got a call from Listers, car has been despatched from the Port and is on it's way to Coventry. I will be travelling down there myself a week on Friday to pick it up!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Had a play with the climate control when I had my test drive, it was a warm day and the CC was most welcome.

Got my insurance last night ready for when I pick it up, £168 from Churchill. It's saving me money already!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts