Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rattle. Not metallic and not squeaky. Audible on a 'corrugated' road surface and, when stationary, the open door is shaken. Hollow sounding, as if a plastic grommet has become detached and bounces about somewhere halfway down inside.
When I had to pop out some grommets to remove the boot trim on our Fiat, several just snapped. When I called in to our local independent, he said that they often do that and he gave me a handful of the spares he keeps in a Kilner jar.
I don't want to risk the same on the Yeti if I can help it - but I cannot see any grommet heads anyway, so the trims must likely be removed in another way.
Question - How do I disassemble the various door trims panels to get inside? I have located two screws on the underside of the lower trim panel and one at the bottom of its leading edge. I hesitate to pursue a trial & error method in case I do the wrong thing and then have to drag my embarrassment to my dealer for the solution.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks. Now that I can see a small way in, I might try and 'scope it first before going the whole way.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts