Yeti Owners Club banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
4,736 Posts
Pela "curtain wire" suction tube = 5.6mm
End of dipstick = 6.4mm

From these measurements, the suction tubes of both Lidl and Pela oil extractors should fit down the dipstick tubes of both 1.2 petrol and 2.0 diesel engines.

Return to Post #2 -
Not sure how you have assumed that for the 1.2 TSi as Urrell has a 1.6 diesel. I have just measured mine and the 1.2TSi end of the dipstick is 5.05mm wide so the Pela suction tube would not fit and it would need a 5mm or less tube.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have measured the dip stick and the tubing supplied with the lidel oil pump and its just too big for the hole.
I need some tubing about 5.5 - 5.6 mm like bryetian says. will let you know if i get some.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Not sure how you have assumed that for the 1.2 TSi as Urrell has a 1.6 diesel.
Ah, I assumed he has a 1.2TSi because of his prompt reply to the OP who asked specifically about that engine. Also, in post #16 I asked for the width of the dipstick blade on the 1.2 engine, and in post #18 Urrell replied giving a dimension with no hint that it was for 1.6 diesel engine rather than the 1.2.
I did check his signature but there's no information there that contradicts my incorrect assumption.
And that's how I assumed he was supplying information for the 1.2 engine.

Unfortunately it seems too late for me to delete my posts.

·
Administrator
13,927 Posts
All the measurements have been from diesel owners,we need a 1,2 owner to measure the stick and tube.
Piped at the post TWICE, that's a first.

·
Administrator
4,736 Posts
Sorry Bryetian, you are right Urrell's signature is not a clear giveaway that he has a diesel, the Greenline and CYAC are the clues.

The dipsticks are also different part numbers (1.2 petrol to 1.6 diesel) so that they are different sizes could be expected.

·
Administrator
13,927 Posts
I take it you are putting the right tube down dipstick?
I have no problem with mine.

My blue and red water filter hard piping is 6.5mm, Lidl suction tube 5.9mm and end of dipstick is 6.3mm.
The OP is asking about a 1.2 petrol Yeti rather than a diesel such as yours.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
To any one that's interested .
to solve the problem i bought some tubing from PVC Pipe World LTD ( [email protected] ) 5.5mm outside Dia 3mm inside dia its made for strimers and chainsaws. I connected the old and new pipe together using a small piece of
window screen washer tube, it works.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts