Yeti Owners Club banner

Oil change?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Angela A 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Apologies if this is a really stupid question, this is my first car!

I bought my Yeti 2.OL 150PS towards the end of February, from a Skoda dealer.

The dealer put it through a major service before handing over the keys and mentioned changing the oil as one of the things they would be doing.

I haven't driven the car much since purchase because I was working from home over lockdown. It's done about 1000 miles since February but the oil warning light has now come on and the Maxidot display is reminding me the car is due an oil service.

Is something wrong with the car or have the garage forgotten to reset something when they changed the oil?

#2 ·
They will have forgotten to reset the clock as the car had been serviced early when they did it with no service required notices up.
It is possible to reset this yourself. Do a forum search for the sequence of operations of the controls to reset.
You need to take care as you are not doing enough miles to keep the emission system and battery healthy.

#3 ·
I haven't driven the car much since purchase because I was working from home over lockdown. It's done about 1000 miles since February but the oil warning light has now come on and the Maxidot display is reminding me the car is due an oil service.
If the oil warning light has come on then it is important that you check the oil level immediately, as this most likely indicates the oil level is low. Check by using the dipstick. If this indicates that the oil level is OK then you may have a serious problem, as the oil light is then probably indicating an unacceptably low oil pressure. If the oil level is low, top it up....but be sure to use the correct oil...just any old oil will not do!

#4 ·
I bought my Yeti 2.OL 150PS towards the end of February, from a Skoda dealer.
Hi Angela and welcome to this excellent forum.
Just out of interest, who was the Skoda dealer you bought your Yeti from?

#6 ·
Hi everyone,

The emissions system should be ok as I live in a remote area so when the car is driven, it's mainly been on fast A roads for over an hour. I don't use it for 5 min trips at all.

The oil light is only coming on when the engine is started and the service reminder comes up, it goes away when the car is running. I have got the right oil on standby- checked the manual.

Car came from the Birchwood Skoda in Eastbourne.

#7 ·
What does the dipstick say?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.