Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone anyone having any problems with their yeti drinking oil quite quickly ? would love any replies on this subject please help

·
Registered
77 Posts
No problems at all and it is not known for losing oil.

Do you want to give details, petrol / diesel, how much you have used etc. From past experience I know some petrol engined Yeti's have used more and some of that was put down to not running the car in hard enough. Clearly however you may have a fault or a leak. If you put some info up here there may be a bright spark who can help

·
Registered
83 Posts
The 1.2 TSi does like a drop of oil. Not sure what version you have?
Ours used 1 litre in it's first 4000 miles, but then it's supposed to get a bit better...

Common on that engine, same with the Fabia.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a 2.0 litre diesel 140 bhp its got just over 12000 miles on i had a check oil level in july and filled up with a small bottle of oil and then today it was check oil level again i spoke to garage service department and they said its normal so i have booked it in for sat for a check up just seems strange none of my other cars have used oil that quickly

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 140 diesel with 23,500 miles. It does and always has used a bit of oil. My previous Passat 170 diesel also used oil. I think it's a feature of these engines.

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have mine booked into the garage on sat just to make sure lol me been a woman i aint very mechanical

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
my 1.2tsi only used aquarter of a liter in 13000miles. and my 110 has used no oil at all in 5000miles.
never run them in just driven as i would normally

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting that Skoda supply a litre of oil with the car....or at least the dealer did with mine (Greenline II). Possibly new engines will burn a bit more oil until they are bedded in ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i didnt get oil with mine but took to the garage last week they said it has used a bit but loking at it there is nothing wrong and they will recheck when i take for my service

1 - 10 of 10 Posts