Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just a short up date . Betty the yeti has been a little trooper has not missed a beat even with all the extra load on board.We have done around 7000km and around 2000 dirt and 100km
off road that was really too tough for the Skoda apart from the rims getting chipped and the belly pan dented and me swearing all was ok.We had some very bad luck with a break inn on the yeti. We stayed in a pub the other night for some R&R and a soft bed and a cooked meal. Some time during all that drinking and fun the camera and S D cards were taken we were pissed#**#*#.The Autumn weather has been great- days are around 20c and the nights are cold up on the range down to 0.We have found all the rattles bar one there must be a half inch nut or bolt in the sub frame you would swear that something was going to break off.We have been under her several times and cannot find anything loose @ all.
We have spent a lot of time in the back country and picked up some poor fuel they probably have not changed there filters in years.We just added diesel fuel additive that I always put in every tank and kept topping up the tank as soon as possible .All in all not that bad a deal.
We will be in Canberra with friends on ANZAC day should be fun .Will be home in a week or two so all you ""Yeti"" drivers get out and have a go......

PUG & crew

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Was it an actual break-in or was it just a case of forgetting to lock the doors?
Just enquiring from a security standpoint.....maybe I should have ticked the "alarm" option box if the door locks are easily circumvented by thieves.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately it was a major stuff up on my behalf.Last person failed to lock it. We will get insurance on camera about three grand.However lots of great photos lost maybe forever
.Edited by: PUG

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hard luck! But did you know that if you lock the car with several doors open the car will lock each door after it is shut. I find this very useful when with several people all exiting the vehicle at their own pace.

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
If the car is left unlocked without the key in the ignition it should lock itself. Check you have not disabled it in the MFD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts