Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping that some of our Brit or Euro members may have some photo's of their Yeti's being used "in anger". Out in the woods, buried in mud, climbing a scree slope. It would be nice to see how the other half of the world has fun with their vehicles.
With the northern summer approaching it wouldn't be a good time to have a bit of a get-together somewhere and take some action photo's?

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
The nearest mine has come to that was the day we visited the muster for the queens jubilee at Windsor Castle last year. Parking was in a rather muddy Windsor park where a break down truck sent to rescue a coach stuck in the mud got stuck as well, when we left there was a park ranger 4x4 trying (and failing) to rescue the break down truck

The Yeti was not phased at all, the only noticeable thing was feeling the slight climbing effect each time we had to stop (and the car sank in the mud)then starting to move again it would have to climb out of its own pot holes.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
plbxr said:
With the northern summer approaching it wouldn't be a good time to have a bit of a get-together somewhere and take some action photo's?
Correction, that should read....
With the northern summer approaching wouldn't it be a good time to have a
bit of a get-together somewhere and take some action photo's?
My error

·
Administrator
5,137 Posts
Summer may be approaching in the Northern hemisphere but it's not here yet!

Today there is a strange yellow object in the sky that makes your eyes see dots if you look at it. I have just looked up this object on some science search engine to try and identify it and it says it's called "the Sun". It also says that this object is rarely seen on Bank Holidays! Is this an omen?

·
Registered
260 Posts
SnowGood said:
Summer may be approaching in the Northern hemisphere but it's not here yet!

Today there is a strange yellow object in the sky that makes your eyes see dots if you look at it. I have just looked up this object on some science search engine to try and identify it and it says it's called "the Sun". It also says that this object is rarely seen on Bank Holidays! Is this an omen?
It's not moving from side to side like in the movie "Erik the Viking" is it?
Cheers, Rob.

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
I could have sworn today was a bank holiday, just driven home passing the front door to Lego Land. There's a man outside turning cars away (with a policeman stood next to him), the grass verges both sides of the road are double parked with cars and the sun's out!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
You do Car Rally Support don't you Graham? The Yeti (amongst a few other cars) would be almost ideal for that.
GREAT pics by the way, especially the river crossing.
Rob.

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
I do Rally Safety Radio (Worcester 1) and there are a few operators that use Yeti's.

Ford is in Norfolk, whilst we were on holiday last year (Glandford, here:
http://www.wetroads.co.uk/norfolk.htm)
The muddy one was on the WyeDean Rally last year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts