Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just realized the seats in the back can be arranged to take the middle section out and put the other two closer together making a 4 seater with more space very nice touch and also found out what the button with a steering wheel and p means! assisted parking very nice this really is the car that just keeps on giving.

Reactions: Flintstone

·
Administrator
14,213 Posts
If you have park assist and have not used it yet, just be aware that the front cuts in very sharply when reversing into a space, but don't worry it will not hit anything.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fade away like the assisted parking button?😆😆

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have park assist and have not used it yet, just be aware that the front cuts in very sharply when reversing into a space, but don't worry it will not hit anything.
I'm a bit of a control freak so I'm a bit worried about trying it out, putting my faith in a button to park for me!😳
I only use it when I want to scare a passenger or amuse the grandchildren. But parking sensors both ends are useful
😆😆

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I don't have such a feature, but others have said to try it out in a very quiet street where you know you can fit the car in the space without using the device. Will help you gain confidence.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have such a feature, but others have said to try it out in a very quiet street where you know you can fit the car in the space without using the device. Will help you gain confidence.
Good shout, I have a street in mind. Thank you.

Reactions: rjc1944

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Welcome Happy Yeti. It sounds like a brilliant accessory. I only have front and rear sensors plus a reversing camera, but if I mimic the method used by autopark, ie very close to the car in front and alongside its length, the guide lines on the display allow me to see the kerb position accurately and parking is straightforward. I would not like to park in the small gap required by autopark, so I'd like to read your report after you have used it.

Reactions: Happy yeti

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll let you know when I give it a Go ☺

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi, Happy Yeti; Park Assist not only helps you parallel park, but also bay park (i.e. into a space at right angles to the direction of travel, as in a car park); and it will get you OUT of a parallel parking space, too. (This is true for later versions only... definitely the case by 2015, might have come in earlier).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi, Happy Yeti; Park Assist not only helps you parallel park, but also bay park (i.e. into a space at right angles to the direction of travel, as in a car park); and it will get you OUT of a parallel parking space, too. (This is true for later versions only... definitely the case by 2015, might have come in earlier).
Interesting, I'll give it a go but fear mine might be too old!

·
Administrator
4,884 Posts
60 plate will only be parallel park.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I didn't know it can get you out as well (I didn't get a manual with my 2016 so haven't been able to find all the toys), is it a case of just pushing the button and get guides you out ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hi Happy Yeti Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
I didn't get a manual with my 2016 so haven't been able to find all the toys
The Yeti manual can be downloaded from HERE

Just chose the correct production date for your car from the drop-down at the top.
I find the downloaded PDF a lot easier as it's a lot easier to find what you are looking for.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts