Yeti Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
14,216 Posts
I didn't know it can get you out as well (I didn't get a manual with my 2016 so haven't been able to find all the toys), is it a case of just pushing the button and get guides you out ?
You can also download the handbooks from the forum library, here are all the 2015 and 2016 handbooks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
There really are loads of things that it will do, some you learn to love and use, some fade away from your mind.
I'm getting better at things fading away from my mind. Unfortunately it tends to be things I'd rather didn’t.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Got one
Get a notebook and pen, I find it very useful at a rather chaotic time in things.
Got one - more than one in fact. Then there's several Post-it notes, the back of an envelope or two. Every little helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm only just getting the hang of where to find stuff on my 2015 Yeti but the manual is the most confusing thing I've ever come across. What I'm desperate to do is to find the correct part numbers for the Xenon headlight for a LEFT HAND Drive car as I think I'll have to change the units when I export it to France. Some areas don't like the way the lights move before they settle!! Does anybody know anyone who knows anything about this????? Cathy

·
Administrator
4,884 Posts
Welcome Cathy

You may find this recent thread enlightening as it touches on the same topic, though export to Portugal rather than France. You may need to similarly think about the rear fog lamp.
Xenons are very expensive so the route of second hand units bought in France from a scrap yard may be worthwhile exploring.

The lights moving is part of the self-levelling to make sure the lights are not shining too high or low and shouldn't cause issues (famous last words).

Part numbers are
5L1 941 017 D (left)
5L1 941 018 D (right)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you Snow Good. Are those part numbers for the LHD car? And, if you are doing the same thing, can you not leave the lights set on "Travel Mode"? Or is this not acceptable?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is a Yeti Outdoor SE BUSN TDICR 4x4 SA. It was described to me as the "Elegance" model. I cannot seem to find out if it is a 140 or a 170 Diesel, plus the fact the French want to know its' "puisssance" in KW!! Is there anywhere I can type in the VIN/Engine number and find out exactly what I have? Thanks Cathy

·
Administrator
14,216 Posts
In the boot where the spare would be stored there should be a label with lots of numbers and letters. If you enter them into the link attached it will tell you everything you want to know. If you click on the word HERE on top of the white box it will show you an example of what you are looking for and how to enter the details.

·
Administrator
14,216 Posts
can you not leave the lights set on "Travel Mode"? Or is this not acceptable?
The member moving to Portugal had to change his as the car would have to go through their equivalent of an MOT. If your car is going to France on a permanent basis I expect they will be the same. If it is a temporary move it might be dependant on how long it will be in France. Also to drive in places such as Paris you will need to get an emissions stickers for the windscreen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is my first time on one of these sites and I'm sorry but I've now found what to do to follow in your footsteps. These messages of mine should have been under your 'headlights & foglights' heading.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you The Hood. I'm a bit dim on a computer. I'm going to look for lots of numbers in the boot ..... NOW.

·
Administrator
14,216 Posts
If the label is missing here is a vin decoder, not so much detail but the next best thing. The vin is at the bottom of the screen on the dashboard. The details for the first decoder were also just inside the cover of the service book.

·
Administrator
4,884 Posts
If you have the Handbook the same label may be stuck inside the front cover too.

There should be the engine power on the second line in larger font as a number followed by KW.(Kilowatts) that's the number you need.

·
Registered
122 Posts
In the boot where the spare would be stored there should be a label with lots of numbers and letters. If you enter them into the link attached it will tell you everything you want to know. If you click on the word HERE on top of the white box it will show you an example of what you are looking for and how to enter the details.

That site reports my KW wrongly.

·
Registered
122 Posts

Tried mine,

Only a couple not recognised.
7UP and Q16

·
Administrator
14,216 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Your Yeti if 150hp is 111kw
Your Yeti if 150ps is 110kw
Mine is 110kW the vin checker site reports 103kW which is impossible for a 2017 car.

·
Registered
122 Posts
21 - 40 of 48 Posts