Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts, please? New to Yeti, new to Skoda, somewhat bewildered by the huge list of options.

What's best please? Thinking Rough Road Package, Electric driver's seat, Park Assist at the moment. Are these sensible? Should I be adding other options?

And GardX, Gap Insurance - dealers seem keen to sell these. What are they really worth? Not £349 each, I'll bet!

Thought old pre-F/L prices applied throughout October, but now being told that offer's finished early. Discounts easily available online of up to 17%, but dealers won't go anywhere near that. What's a realistic discount to aim for from a dealer?

So many questions, I'm afraid. Appreciate any help you can give.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Regarding GAP insurance there is a posting under "Club information" about a company that does discount for club members.I have recently spoken to them (Katie) & they were very helpful. About £200ish for 4 year cover.
If you only keep cars for a short period, your own insurance company may cover you as standard for the 1st year FOC.

·
Administrator
13,102 Posts
I ordered my Yeti with a rough road package, then decided I did not need it and cancelled. The price was reduced but the dealer forgot to update the order and I got it anyway free of charge. With the amount of ground clearance I have not needed it at all.I wanted parking sensors both ends and opted for park assist for SWMBO, so far she has refused to drive the car until it has a dent. I have used it a few times but would not miss it at all.
With the money you would save from not having these go for a spare wheel and heated front screen.

If you do a reasonably high mileage you may find the 1.2 fuel consumptionless than brilliant. I get better mpg from my 2ltr diesel than you will from the 1.2 petrol. For the engine size performance is impressive, but a small engine in a heavy car is not the most economical formula. (sorry 1.2 owners).

Most of the on line discount deals are cars provided by main dealers. I bought from Skodastore.com which is Rainworth in Mansfield.

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
Are you intending to regularly drive off-road? If yes, is that gentle tracks or rough forest tracks.
If the latter, then get the Rough Road Pack, but also add in the Off Road Button, otherwise spend it somewhere else. I don't have it, regularly drive through forests and have never had a problem.

Electic seat is supposed to be very good.

Park Assist to me seems a frippary.

Otherwise; spare wheel and heated screen.

GardX I presume is some so-called fancy paint treatment. Don't bother.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
nevo said:
Any thoughts, please? New to Yeti, new to Skoda, somewhat bewildered by the huge list of options.

What's best please? Thinking Rough Road Package, Electric driver's seat, Park Assist at the moment. Are these sensible? Should I be adding other options?
If you do a bit of night driving then Xenon headlights might be an option you want to tick...I don't know if your Elegance model comes with these as standard. Also metallic film window tinting is great as it helps to make the air-con work more efficiently.

nevo said:
And GardX, Gap Insurance - dealers seem keen to sell these. What are they really worth? Not £349 each, I'll bet!
Usually the salesman makes quite a good commission on these so the price is inflated to cover that. If you want GardX etc then it would probably be cheaper to get it as an aftermarket item.

I have the 1.2TSI petrol model (a happy wife is a happy life
) but would prefer the diesel for its driveability and economy.

Edited by: plbxr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts