Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
In common with a lot of you, i'm impatiently waiting delivery of my Yeti (1.8 4x4 TSI in SE+).

As I never seem to get a straight answer from my dealer I called Skoda UK 0845 7745745 direct. They told me my order had been accepted 2 months after placing it with the dealer.
Apparently this is common place as each dealer is only allowed to place a number of orders each month; it appears my dealer had used up 2 months allocation when I placed mine - didn't tell me about me about 'extra' delay!

The dealer the told me 3-4 months from order, so I was looking at Dec/Jan delivery. SUK say 6-7 months from order (Nov) so May/June delivery!

Couldn't get a straight answer ("Refer to your dealer Sir"), if I will be offered compensation. Have any of youbeen given compo for 'delayed' delivery and if so, when (in relation to your delay) and what (I've heard mention of £300?).

Frustrated

Charlieian

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi I think you dealer should have told you about the delay in ordering you 1.8
, also I thought petrols where cominga lot quicker.

This is the compoinfo but you may find it is weeks from point of order being placed by the dealer.

Skoda UK are recognizing the disappointment our customers have felt with delayed vehicle deliveries and so
are offering £150 retailer credit for vehicles delayed by at least 18 weeks, and a further £150 retailer credit in the
unfortunate situation that a vehicle is delayed by 25 weeks.
Each member of our approved retailer network are fully competent in claiming these goodwill gestures, which will be actioned
once your vehicle arrives on site. I would therefore recommend that you contact your Sales Person, who will be able to discuss
the goodwill gesture in detail with you."

·
Registered
83 Posts
Was it an internet deal?
Seems odd the dealer didn't tell you, but wondering as I would suspect an internet dealer of selling all their allocation of vehicles due to lower prices and not stopping taking orders...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, wasn't an internet deal or via broker, main dealer! There is at least one other member that has had an 'issue' with the dealer concerning delay's.
I ordered the petrol because I don't do a lot of miles, so didn't want the issue of a DPF and DMF, that come with the diesel if used mainly on short runs. I too thought the petrol would come through quicker - doesn't look like itthough!

Although I didn't get the answer I wanted, at least I did get a 'straight' answer (and apology!) from SUK!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I ordered my Yeti in Feb. 2011, wanted it by Nov and got it in Oct. SUK sent me £300 M&S vouchers by special courier(!). That was 'er indoors sorted for Xmas.
Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have yet to order (company car) a Greenline II SE or Elegance but have had the demo for a weekend. Skoda UK rang me and delivery times were one question I asked -the answer given (for a standard car, no options) is the industry standard 9 - 12 weeks.
I think someone's being 'economical with the truth' but I think it's worth the wait (within reason). Having had a troublesome C-Max for 31 out of 49 months don't want another Fix Or Repair Daily and the Scenic seats are very poor and the wheel can't be adjusted close enough, plus the pedal box is a touchsmall for my size 12s...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Dealer called yesterday and provided an update: now have been given a week 14 build, so a little better than week 17 or May/June, as given by SUK!
Tend to think the build date means very little until confirmed - but always one to try and find a positive! Have resigned myself to a long wait -beyond my control

On a more positive note dealer did state would apply for compensation from SUK - fingers crossed on both counts!

·
Registered
26 Posts
charlieian said:
My Dealer called yesterday and provided an update: now have been given a week 14 build, so a little better than week 17 or May/June, as given by SUK!

Tend to think the build date means very little until confirmed - but always one to try and find a positive! Have resigned myself to a long wait -beyond my control

On a more positive note dealer did state would apply for compensation from SUK - fingers crossed on both counts!

You and l share the same showroom as confirmed via PMs'; my BD. was promised this week; is it going to happen NO NO!!

Apparently there have been 'unforseen technical difficulties' Only been waiting 45 weeks!!!!!

Words fail me

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm sitting on the sidelines with my order in with the same showroom. As I have no Yeti to enjoy yet I'm browsing the forums looking for a ray of sun light. The 4x4 170 seems to cause themost problems so I'm hoping ordering a mere Greenline Elegance with a short extras listmay give me a smoother pathway to delivery. Please note I will not be holding my breath
. With a provisional build date of week9 I'm resisting the urge to kick bottom until then. Am I wrong to sit back until then?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Xrat said:
I'm sitting on the sidelines with my order in with the same showroom. As I have no Yeti to enjoy yet I'm browsing the forums looking for a ray of sun light. The 4x4 170 seems to cause themost problems so I'm hoping ordering a mere Greenline Elegance with a short extras listmay give me a smoother pathway to delivery. Please note I will not be holding my breath
. With a provisional build date of week9 I'm resisting the urge to kick bottom until then. Am I wrong to sit back until then?

You should get your build week confirmed this week if you are week 9, hope it is confirmed and not moved again

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh joy of joys. Now have confirmation that Abi (Yes I know I've named her after theAbominable Snowman which is tempting fate) was born yesterday and is waiting for the train to Emden. I know there have been many stories of delayed orders but so far this has been text book in my case. Ordered in week 3 with provisional build for week 9 and that's just what happened. I hope this be a turning point for all you waiting and like me good news is not far away. And on a subject close to some peoples hearts, the dealership at Dartford have been first class. Very friendly and very open to my enquiries. I'm looking forward to a handover in about 3 weeks and I'll post to let people know how that goes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered my Muscavado 140 Elegance 4x4 28/3/11. Picking it up 9/3/12 so scraped in under 1 year! Suspect ordering theColumbus SatNav mayhave delayed matters due to Tsunami. Still the wait is almost over, as is this years snow! My Citroen C5 estate managed the ice covered country road that I have to drive to get to tarmac quite well, byt there were a few exciting moments so just as well no traffic! Sorry tosee the C5 go after 9 yearsbut still think we have made a good choice, although the ride quality will never get close (Hydragas on C5 soaks up all the bumps)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I loved the Citroen Hydrogas suspension. Our Xantia had the best ride ever. To be honest if the C4 Picasso had Hydrogas I probably would not have looked at the Yeti. But that said I know nowthe build quality is inferiorto the Yeti by a huge margin and the DSG is a true botch job with the car practical undrivable in Auto mode. Sadly theDSG option is not available on the model I wanted soI didn't test the Skoda version.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had a call from my dealer yesterday, apparently my build week (now week 12!) has gone code 20, which apparently means confirmed as build week!
Should have my car by mid to late April - still a little apprehensive, but will believe it when it arrives! Salille(?)from Motorline has been very efficient - he took over from my original salesman - who left in mysterious circumstances!

Charlieian

·
Administrator
14,185 Posts
HiWhen I was told the same (code 20)with my car it was built during the week quoted (week 1) and with the dealer on Jan 13th !!! So hopefuly your wait will soon be over

I see you are getting a 1.8TSI 4x4 what colour and extras did you go for

·
Registered
26 Posts
And on a subject close to some peoples hearts, the dealership at Dartford have been first class. Very friendly and very open to my enquiries. I'm looking forward to a handover in about 3 weeks and I'll post to let people know how that goes

Sorry, but the dealership in question is not going to be there in 3 weeks time. Why?

Because l am going to destroy it:
About to enter week50 of waiting
!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Graham
Please, please don't burn them down before my car is delivered! I'll let you know the minute I've left the forecourt!

Blimey mate I've no idea how you've lasted out for as long as you have, but I'm pleased you seem to have a delivery at last - fingers crossed!

Regards

Ian

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've gone for a predictable colour: steel grey boring I know, but I like it! Options are: Spitzberg alloys, silver rails,off road button, heated screen andspare wheel (can't really believe, you have to pay for a spare wheel nowadays!).Other than that the SE+ is really well specced, so hopefully I should be happy

1 - 20 of 33 Posts