Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone from North Yorkshire,
We took delivery of our Black Yeti 2.0 Tdi 110 last June after a 3 month wait from placing our order. We ordered the car via a broker as both our local dealers quoted delivery of August / September and that would be at full list price. We saved the best part of two grand going via the broker and Rainworth who supplied our car where brilliant. Our car has silver roof rail which go well with the Black Paint. We also specified the spare wheel although I was a bit disapointed that it is not a full size wheel.

Now 4000 miles later and well after the "Honeymoon" period is over I am now in a position to give our judgement !!.

Our main reason for choosing the Yeti (apart from our Focus 1.8 Tdi Sport being six years old and racking up some serious miles) was that we need something which is esay to get in and out of (wrong side of 60 with bad knees).

In this respect the Yeti has proved brilliant and is comfortable in most other areas as well. The suspension could be better as on rough surfaces (most uk roads). It seems to lack rebound damping, but there again it does "hang on" with minimal body lean during enthusiastic cornering.

It did run much better during a 1500 mile trip to France in July but there again they do have properly surfaced and engineered roads there.

The two litre diesel is returning about 52 mpg overall which we are well satisfied with but does lack grunt at motorway speeds requiring a change down to 4th for spirited overtakes. Also for the first couple of months I was regularly being caught out in "to high a gear" with the associated signs of distress from the engine. Now I make sure I change down early.

A couple of times I have found the brakes lacking in stopping power. During normal everyday driving I had not noticed this but on two other occasions when fully loaded and approaching a downhill roundabout I definately felt that more stopping power was required as very heavy pedal pressure was required to stop. Not something I have experienced in any other car.

I have also noticed quite a loud clunk when braking in reverse and going forward and vice versa which sounds like too much pad to caliper clearance.

The gear change action is light, positive and a joy to use once I got used to not pushing the lever right over the gate when selecting 5th as doing so causes a bawk requiring a slight movement back towards the central position before slipping into 5th.

I find that some of the minor switchgearis very "fiddly" and not easy to use. The intermitant wiper control and the cruise control for instance. The Door mirrors positioning and heat rotary control on the drivers door feel like something out of a xmas cracker and ready to snap off at the least provercation.

The car has been back to the dealer once in the last four months when ABS, Power Steering Failure and Traction Control Failure warning lights all came on together. Fault traced to dirty ABS wheel sensors by dealer in Darlington. Middlesbrough dealer couldn't look at it for 10 days.

Despite what may seem like negative coments we do like the car overall and look forward to many miles of Yeti driving.

Edited by: Mike Tee

·
Administrator
13,118 Posts
My car also came from Rainworth (via "Skodastore.com") and I found them to be very good as well. As regards the spare wheel although it is smaller than the rest at leastit is not one of those silly space savers and is a proper tyre. I also found the brakes a bit lacking but they can be improved, there is an option within the engine management to increase the level of assistance, I don't know if the dealer can do it but someone with VCDS can. The settings are low,medium and high with the default as medium. I currently have my 215/60/16 winter tyres fitted which give more cushioning from bumps in the road but I don't mind the 225/50/17's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi....thanks for the info re the warning lights all coming on at once. The exact same thing has just happened to me with my 1.2 DSGafter only covering 900 miles from new and naturally enough I needed some reassurance from Skoda Roadside Assistance before driving any further. I can now confidently [but carefully] drive the 16 miles to the dealership where hopefully it will turn out to be just a trivial little glitch. Oh for the good old days when a screwdriver and a hammer could fix anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts